Live From Celebrity Constellation 3/11-3/23

44 minutes ago, Celandine said:

Yay following you live again! 

for your time in Panama, not sure how far it is as when I went for a few days my dad drove me around, but the Panama Canal museum was fantastic and I highly suggest it if it’s possible! 

I got a flyer for a Panama on your own tour for $49. I'm considering it but I didn't think Colon was safe to wander around on your own in. I might look into it.

• Like 2

Gonna catch up on my browsing while my freebie minutes count down. Then probably just watch a little TV and call it an early night.

Thanks for following along on this lazy sea day. See everyone tomorrow from our first port of call, Grand Cayman.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

I got a flyer for a Panama on your own tour for $49. I'm considering it but I didn't think Colon was safe to wander around on your own in. I might look into it.

Yeah Colon, was not the nicest part. My dad lives in Panama City, but when I visited I had to include a cruise on Pulmantur which did r/t Colon, the area around the port when I was there in 2018 was very under construction, but they must have finished it as RCL had stopped sailings from there at the time. Panama City, beautiful and felt very friendly, the little I saw of Colon felt very congested and less “pretty” ( these statements are 6 years old, areas can change a lot in that time, I am aware, but my dad would say the same thing and he relocated to Panama several years before that!)

• Like 1

On 3/11/2024 at 11:44 AM, jam19872016 said:

Welcome aboard drinks at the martini bar so grabbed one for each of us and out in the room for tonight

Thoroughly enjoying your review so far! 

Quick question about the "welcome aboard drinks".....are they serving the sparkling again except that you have to go to a certain location to get it yourself as opposed to staff walking around serving when you step aboard?  Thank you so much.

7 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

Posting the pictures of the meals and I'll provide commentary later, I'm determined to stretch this free wifi until tomorrow to see if the cost goes down 😆

We didn't get starters. She wanted to mains so I convinced her to skip a starter because I will take any chance to eliminate a course amd the starters just don't excite me.

We both got the scampi.

20240312_210203.thumb.jpg.7c3599d1f15610142eaa5088d72e4b72.jpg

My seared duck.

20240312_211646.thumb.jpg.828f5d5243ba41f300c7c5ecfb99edd7.jpg

My mom's grilled lamb t bone.

20240312_211641.thumb.jpg.c6af499fade958f5f5337e051077566b.jpg

Checking in on the salt and pepper.

20240312_212952.thumb.jpg.1ef31db88ecaf68fefc7fe0230cdc2e8.jpg

Much more impressive than the last pair.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

Posting the pictures of the meals and I'll provide commentary later, I'm determined to stretch this free wifi until tomorrow to see if the cost goes down 😆

We didn't get starters. She wanted to mains so I convinced her to skip a starter because I will take any chance to eliminate a course amd the starters just don't excite me.

We both got the scampi.

20240312_210203.thumb.jpg.7c3599d1f15610142eaa5088d72e4b72.jpg

My seared duck.

20240312_211646.thumb.jpg.828f5d5243ba41f300c7c5ecfb99edd7.jpg

My mom's grilled lamb t bone.

20240312_211641.thumb.jpg.c6af499fade958f5f5337e051077566b.jpg

Checking in on the salt and pepper.

20240312_212952.thumb.jpg.1ef31db88ecaf68fefc7fe0230cdc2e8.jpg

You know some of those dishes are so messy, I should have thought you plated them yourself. Look tasty though. 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

been quite awhile since we did a similar itin but would not do COLON on your own tour..wgen we were ghre it was a slum with not much there to enjoy!  Things may have changed of course.

• Like 1

Good morning from Grand Cayman.

No real plans in port today, going to take my mom in for some shopping, though I reminded her the shopping here isn't great, everyone keeps saying how good it is and has her convinced my memory is wrong.

I'm not sure how the tender process is going, I have priority but my mom does  not so we may have some time before we can go ashore.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Celandine said:

Yeah Colon, was not the nicest part. My dad lives in Panama City, but when I visited I had to include a cruise on Pulmantur which did r/t Colon, the area around the port when I was there in 2018 was very under construction, but they must have finished it as RCL had stopped sailings from there at the time. Panama City, beautiful and felt very friendly, the little I saw of Colon felt very congested and less “pretty” ( these statements are 6 years old, areas can change a lot in that time, I am aware, but my dad would say the same thing and he relocated to Panama several years before that!)

That's what I've been reading and why I was surprised they were pushing such a tour.

4 hours ago, exlondoner said:

Much more impressive than the last pair.

Looked pretty, but the set at lunch would not dispense pepper for my mom 😱 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Reel Love said:

Thoroughly enjoying your review so far! 

Quick question about the "welcome aboard drinks".....are they serving the sparkling again except that you have to go to a certain location to get it yourself as opposed to staff walking around serving when you step aboard?  Thank you so much.

Yes but it seems to be inconsistent ship to ship, I was told on my Reflection review to check at the Martini bar and the staff had no idea what I was talking about. But I'd say keep checking because at least some of the ships are offering it.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, exlondoner said:

You know some of those dishes are so messy, I should have thought you plated them yourself. Look tasty though. 😀

I enjoyed it all, especially the duck 😋 

3 hours ago, hcat said:

been quite awhile since we did a similar itin but would not do COLON on your own tour..wgen we were ghre it was a slum with not much there to enjoy!  Things may have changed of course.

That's what I've been reading too. Think I will give that option a pass.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Galaxy2004 said:

Did you receive priority tender or no need?

No need it was open tender by this time. They didn't even bother filling up our tender before we pulled off.

• Like 4

Walking around port, my mom is still getting use to using a scooter. She's a little nervous, especially driving in crowds of people but I tell her she will get used to it. 

Maybe we can find her some good shopping since she can venture out a little further.

20240313_114424.thumb.jpg.4c99b244506d7a4bbfb4f4ef0de0a482.jpg

20240313_114519.thumb.jpg.ce28fe9d9879d56a7bb22cc64c94b632.jpg

It's not terribly hot, but winter is definitely over for the Caribbean. Quite warm out and we still have much more south to travel.

• Like 6

Not super hungry, and honestly nothing is tempting me on the buffet so going to try and just do a salad and dessert. 

17103548746494430407702467166862.thumb.jpg.8d614bdd005ca9f8a14ca9af3283a6d2.jpg

The pasta station was tempting, maybe next port day.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1