Go Green Program

Kmangel

You will never notice a difference if signing up or not signing up, my last 7 cruises all go green, and did not notice a thing different than when I did not sign up.  Room turned down, new towels if I needed, ie left on the floor, etc.  I pay attention to the room cleanliness, ie ran hotels, and always did 10-20 room inspections a week with the Hskping manager. The only time I had to call GS one time was when I could not find the laundry slip.  The staff does not get extra time off, they have other tasks that will fill in the space, everything from wiping hallway walls down to vacuuming.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

Do you really think they get the time off if they aren't doing turn down service or they get to work at a slower rate having less rooms to service? How is not turning down or making up a bed effecting the environment other than mine?

6 hours ago, bikerunner said:

You will never notice a difference if signing up or not signing up, my last 7 cruises all go green, and did not notice a thing different than when I did not sign up.  Room turned down, new towels if I needed, ie left on the floor, etc.  I pay attention to the room cleanliness, ie ran hotels, and always did 10-20 room inspections a week with the Hskping manager. The only time I had to call GS one time was when I could not find the laundry slip.  The staff does not get extra time off, they have other tasks that will fill in the space, everything from wiping hallway walls down to vacuuming.  

Go Green has never meant completely skipping the evening service.  It's supposed to be towels and trash only.  Oh and chocolates on the pillow I guess.

• Thanks 1

When did Go Green start?  In my points history I have a cruise from October 2021 in which I did not receive the extra day’s worth of Captain’s Club points.  I’m thinking the program must have been rolled out after this.  Going forward I have received them on every cruise.

We always request only one service a day on cruises, morning clean and bed making etc, and then leave us in peace for the rest of the day. Our cabin steward left us extra towels every morning in case we needed them. Our newsletter was left outside the room in the rack - no chocolates though, although I wasn’t bothered as I don’t remember them being good, and I did have a supply I picked up in Bruges!

I didn’t know about the go Green program until just before our cruise in May. I’ve seen our extra points on our profiles, but didn’t see anywhere what the breakdown was. Do I have to work it out myself?

56 minutes ago, Ergates The Ant said:

We always request only one service a day on cruises, morning clean and bed making etc, and then leave us in peace for the rest of the day. Our cabin steward left us extra towels every morning in case we needed them. Our newsletter was left outside the room in the rack - no chocolates though, although I wasn’t bothered as I don’t remember them being good, and I did have a supply I picked up in Bruges!

I didn’t know about the go Green program until just before our cruise in May. I’ve seen our extra points on our profiles, but didn’t see anywhere what the breakdown was. Do I have to work it out myself?

It's one day extra of points based on whatever category you are in. So for example if you are in Aqua, you get 5 points per day - for a 7-night that would be 35 points. If you do GoGreen, you should get 5 extra points, so your total for the cruise would be 40 points.