Can you bring flowers aboard?

Hillmom

I know that taking food either on or off the ship has become more and more restrictive. 

What is the situation on flowers?  Boarding in Los Angeles - and then on to islands.

Can I board in LA with bon voyage flowers?

If I buy a lei in Honolulu can I take it on the ship.

Other pacific islands?  Does it vary by port? 

Any recent experience?

Thanks

@Hillmom yes in San Pedro- port of LA. You may bring your own flowers onboard. I’ ve just carried them on and bought a plastic vase at the dollar store. As far as taking them off the ship, I don’t know why you would want to,( after 1 week to 2 week cruise they will be “ gone/dead”) ,IMG_4699.thumb.jpeg.4dd9c006df0e97c3f83737a83dc3c666.jpegbut you may not.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

@Hillmom yes in San Pedro- port of LA. You may bring your own flowers onboard. I’ ve just carried them on and bought a plastic vase at the dollar store. As far as taking them off the ship, I don’t know why you would want to,( after 1 week to 2 week cruise they will be “ gone/dead”) ,IMG_4699.thumb.jpeg.4dd9c006df0e97c3f83737a83dc3c666.jpegbut you may not.

Great idea.  We use to always buy the Princess bouquet on board for $39.00 but we see it is now selling for $99.00 under the new regime.

You may also bring flowers on the ship that you purchase in Hawaii. There was a vendor at the port in Hilo that we always purchased from - it was usually our last port stop and they lasted the full 5 sea days back home. You just can’t bring them off the ship when you return to LA

• Like 2

You can bring flowers on board in LA and Hawaii.  There are a few restricted leis that you will not be able to bring on board (at least you can't fly out with them).  The are the Jade, Moana Loa/fancy orchid lei, berries, live kukui nuts.  

You can't bring any plants with soil into the islands.

Anthuriums can be purchased at the Hilo Farmers Market and they will last you all the way back to LA.

If you want a fragrant lei:  ginger, pikake, pua kenakena are wonderful.  I can't do tuberose.  

https://www.aphis.usda.gov/aphis/newsroom/factsheets/ppq/bringing-leis-from-hawaii-to-us-mainland

• Like 3

I've brought flowers on twice in Seattle. You can pick them up for such an affordable price at Pike Place, why not enjoy them. The first time, I carried a vase onboard but I had read you can ask you cabin steward for one. I asked our cabin steward a couple time and he said he would look for one but a lot of people ask for them so it might not be available. So I finally gave up and used the trash can for the vase instead. Low and behold, a vase showed up in our cabin right after that. I think I'll carry on a portable vase next time. I think I paid $10 for these flowers.

Flowers.thumb.JPG.ee69c3e0c457c98ea16e5c3c6bb94ffa.JPG

• Like 2

I think bring flowers on board is a great idea.  I noticed on our last cruise, Princess doesn't have fresh flowers anymore.  We use to have flowers in our photos on formal nights.

Princess certainly does have fresh flowers available for purchase!   I bought a beautiful bouquet last year.   You do have to go to Customer Service to order.  Not available online in advance unless that has changed.

6 minutes ago, rjack22 said:

Princess certainly does have fresh flowers available for purchase!   I bought a beautiful bouquet last year.   You do have to go to Customer Service to order.  Not available online in advance unless that has changed.

It has changed!  You can now order online and there are usually 3 options.  I ordered flowers through the personalizer a couple times last year.  They are listed under the Extras tab.