Hair dryers and shampoo

I haven been on Equinox in many many years. Heading out on her Thursday. Any recent Equinox guests:

1) is the hair dryer in the desk drawer or attached to bathroom wall?

2) is shampoo one that’s combined with conditioner in the shower stall, individual shampoo and conditioner  in shower stall, or individual bottles of each. 

Thanks in advance. I know this sounds like diva questions but conditioner makes my hair flat as can be. 

Lynne

Hair dryer is in the desk drawer. It’s the kind that you have to hold in the button while in use. The shampoo is in a wall dispenser in the shower. I think there is also conditioner in a different dispenser and body wash as well.
I usually bring my own hair products and dryer. 

• Like 1

We just got off, the shampoo was in (Bigelow) in large squirt containers, not wall mounted. Dryer was a handheld in a drawer

3 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

Not Equinox, but standard for Celebrity.

IMG_1092.thumb.png.6fd3bbbc5331f6bb5753d974447c0a10.png

Not entirely correct. The pictured Bigalow aren't the toiletries for standard cabins. Standard cabins have non-branded, made for Celebrity toiletries. The toiletries shown are for Concierge, Aqua,Retreat.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Not entirely correct. The pictured Bigalow aren't the toiletries for standard cabins. Standard cabins have non-branded, made for Celebrity toiletries. The toiletries shown are for Concierge, Aqua,Retreat.

No, we have never been in a higher cabin than a verandah.

I took the picture on Silhouette in 2022.

Edited by upwarduk

Posted (edited)

About the hair dryers with the “dead man” switch.  It’s very frustrating trying to dry your hair and hold down the button continuously so it doesn’t turn off.  Reading through the CC archives on this subject I found a solution that works well.  Fold some duct tape into a 1in/ 2.5cm square.  All sticky sides on the inside 😁.  Secure the square over the on/off button with a rubber band or two.  No more gymnastics trying to keep the dryer on while you balance a brush and your hair!  I always keep the square and bands in my toiletries bag.

Edited by 81Zoomie

On 3/11/2024 at 5:08 AM, Miznergirl said:

I haven been on Equinox in many many years. Heading out on her Thursday. Any recent Equinox guests:

1) is the hair dryer in the desk drawer or attached to bathroom wall?

2) is shampoo one that’s combined with conditioner in the shower stall, individual shampoo and conditioner  in shower stall, or individual bottles of each. 

Thanks in advance. I know this sounds like diva questions but conditioner makes my hair flat as can be. 

Lynne

Hairdryer I don't recall.  I don't have enough hair to use one.

Shampoo, conditioner and body wash in bottles on the wall of the shower.  More eco-friendly. 

As I have read on other threads, do not bring your own as the products they use are easier on the ocean, which unfortunately means they don't suds as well as other stuff.

36 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

Then it was either Concierge or Aquaclass. The photo below,of the flagship Ascent, is what the standard toiletries look like. They are in containers that are oval in shape, not round containers which are Bigalow toiletries. That is how they differentiate the cabin classes. Upgraded toiletries is part of the higher level cabins.

You are absolutely incorrect when you state that Celebrity cabin toiletries are all made by Bigalow. 

Screenshot_20240312-185542~2.png

2 hours ago, upwarduk said:

Here are the standard toiletries on the Silhouette. The second photo is the body lotion and bar soap. None of the toiletries shown are made or branded by Bigalow. The are un-named and made specifically for Celebrity cruises. These are the current toiletries for the entire fleet (I can't speak for Expedition ships) for cabins below Concierge Class. 

Screenshot_20240312-211801~2.png

Screenshot_20240312-211649~2.png

7 hours ago, Miznergirl said:

Thank you all for the photos of the toiletries! Exactly what I needed to see.

I found the standard shampoo on the Beyond watered down and therefore underwhelming.  

I’m tall & find the length of cord on the hair dryer to be too short (it’s attached to the inside of an drawer) and I like to stand up to style my hair. Reason enough for me to bring my own hair dryer! 

Posted (edited)

II got fed up with the ship’s hair dryer! I take this mini folding Conair with me now. 
I can stand up. It’s got power, and will dry my hair in half the time those ship dryers take.  image.thumb.png.5dbeaa45454c08daf03defd95917ed70.png

Edited by MandL
Spelling