Mariner Points

L454S

Just got back from a trip on the Nieuw Statendam. We had an offer to up to a Vista Suite and accepted the offer. We do like an aft balcony.

When I get back I discovered that the extra "Suite Points" were not awarded. I called Mariner phone number and spoke with a knowledgeable lady who explained(after mulling through pricing) that I would have had to pay more to get the points.

Just an FYI for those who get an "UP" offer and might factor in the extra points as a part of the transaction.

43 minutes ago, L454S said:

Just got back from a trip on the Nieuw Statendam. We had an offer to up to a Vista Suite and accepted the offer. We do like an aft balcony.

When I get back I discovered that the extra "Suite Points" were not awarded. I called Mariner phone number and spoke with a knowledgeable lady who explained(after mulling through pricing) that I would have had to pay more to get the points.

Just an FYI for those who get an "UP" offer and might factor in the extra points as a part of the transaction.

You had an upsell - a chance to have the Vista Suite at a reduced price.

Double points do NOT apply to upsells - only if you book a suite category at the regular price.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

We received two upsell offers to move from our assigned category V verandah on the Rotterdam to a Vista Suite. The email indicated that the upgrade did not include the bonus Mariner credit. I knew that from past experience. (Credit is based on the APO, or originally booked category.)

We declined both offers. I probably would have bit on a Signature or Neptune, but we're in the "pointy" V opposite the Pinnacle Suite, so we already have a larger balcony and slightly larger than average amount of interior space. So, we stayed out, content in the knowledge that we already had an awesome cabin.

Edited by POA1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, *Miss G* said:

Always read the fine print:

IMG_1312.thumb.jpeg.c399ffcf9754ae67e8b1e0606ea4144c.jpeg

Yes, that's why I said FYI. Not bashing........Others hopefully don't need to study the fine print now, if they happen to see the post.

And yes, you're right, I rarely read the fine print.

28 minutes ago, L454S said:

Yes, that's why I said FYI. Not bashing........Others hopefully don't need to study the fine print now, if they happen to see the post.

And yes, you're right, I rarely read the fine print.

The good thing is that we can get almost anything that's in the fine print by following these boards! That's why when/if I get a offer to upgrade on my upcoming cruise, I'm well aware of the points issue, and will decide based on cabin location. We like our current location, similar to @POA1's situation, so any upgrade will depend on location.

• Like 1

Just to clarify for a DOUBLE upsell - we moved from a Verandah to a Signature and then a month later took another upsell to a Neptune.  We DID NOT get the double points for being in a Suite, even after a double upsell.

• Like 1

Watch the advertised price of your upsell category and if goes below what you paid then take a screen shot. You can try and claim for double points then as you paid more than an "advertised" price for a suite. Worked for us.

• Thanks 1