My View: I See a Cruise on the Horizon! (Semi-Live)

And now for that Muzak survey... this same tune played over and over, then the next song is more of the same kind of over and over... 🤣 Am I old, or are there other people who agree this is not music?

• Like 3

With that, My View is done.  I will still post some of the kids program screenshots and ship pictures, but this is the official end.

Hope to see you on a ship sometime soon!  My next adventure is a girls cruise on Allure of the Seas in May.  

From our family to yours: Happy Cruising!

image.thumb.jpeg.174a3b62f2ad16ffd6af88436ad17cb6.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, APDMOM said:

And now for that Muzak survey... this same tune played over and over, then the next song is more of the same kind of over and over... 🤣 Am I old, or are there other people who agree this is not music?

IMG_8657.MOV 44.37 MB · 3 downloads  

Yuck!  I have never been on a cruise longer than 5 days, but I never had this playing on lido on a sea day!  Was it maybe because of the weather/rain?

• Like 1

On 3/26/2024 at 5:32 PM, vanislandcruisers said:

Thanks so much for taking us along!!!

See you onboard the Horizon. 😉

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 3/26/2024 at 5:26 PM, APDMOM said:

TIP: If you have loyalty status, be sure to check your benefits.  Last night, free drink after 5 PM

IMG_8703.thumb.JPG.293fda32bdae4c3edb1d6634c62b8a20.JPG

IMG_6691.thumb.jpg.185749270bcb529f9f803a76d660bc1e.jpg

I never paid attention to how carnival tallies points. Is it one point per cruise or one point per night?

Disregard found answer. I only have a few more cruises to the level above gold. 

Edited by #55worktoplay
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, APDMOM said:

IMG_8657.MOV 44.37 MB · 6 downloads  

No, you are right, this is awful! I'll be making an extensive playlist on Spotify, packed with rock and metal from the 60s, 70s and 80s to keep me going! 

• Like 1

On 3/27/2024 at 6:57 PM, dlphn501 said:

Yuck!  I have never been on a cruise longer than 5 days, but I never had this playing on lido on a sea day!  Was it maybe because of the weather/rain?

No, this kind of muzak played in different venues, different times of day. They even had it playing in the corridors outside staterooms - at least not loud enough to hear inside our cabin. 🙉 I found the best, tolerable music by the aft (Tides) pool.

On 3/27/2024 at 9:34 PM, #55worktoplay said:

I never paid attention to how carnival tallies points. Is it one point per cruise or one point per night?

Disregard found answer. I only have a few more cruises to the level above gold. 

Enjoy the voyage to the next tier! 🛳️🙂

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, SenatorsFan said:

Thanks so much for another great review. I enjoyed your pictures and the helpful tips you provide! Enjoy your girls' cruise. 👍🥰

Than you! It is always fun to see a familiar face aka handle following along 🤗

• Like 1

On 3/27/2024 at 9:18 PM, tradewinds traveler said:

Thank you so much for the detailed review & all the photos. I enjoyed it every evening. Thanks again & Happy safe travels!

My pleasure! Thank you for following along! ❤️🛳️

16 hours ago, vwgolf2 said:

No, you are right, this is awful! I'll be making an extensive playlist on Spotify, packed with rock and metal from the 60s, 70s and 80s to keep me going! 

Good plan! Enjoy!🎶🎸

@dlphn501 I never found the answer about the Martini question.  Alchemy bar was packed the last night. Please report back if you do it next week.  We did a type of Martini flight many years back on Freedom - which included 4 types of Alchemy bar martinis to share and taste.  They did not teach us how to make them… not sure if this is the same.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm back from this same cruise!  Had a great time.  Some of activities and other things were very different.  There was no brewery tour on any day, and I checked the fun times several times to make sure I didn't miss it.  I also checked the app.  They did not do The World Works Here on the last night, and therefore, no rehearsals in the kids club.  They did have digital debarkation, and for the most part debarkation seemed to work well, but there were no luggage tags laid out where you have to get up early to grab them.  There was no option in my app to select my debark time/tags, but the room steward delivered #2 tags to my cabin 2 nights prior.  Possibly because we had FTTF, not sure though.  I am wondering if things were different because it was spring break?  For any alcohol bought in the ports of call, you had to pick up on last morning in MDR and the line was very long.  I asked a crew member why they didn't deliver the night before and they said because of spring break, and once it's over they will go back to the process of delivering.

• Like 1

On 4/9/2024 at 10:05 AM, dlphn501 said:

I'm back from this same cruise!  Had a great time.  Some of activities and other things were very different.  There was no brewery tour on any day, and I checked the fun times several times to make sure I didn't miss it.  I also checked the app.  They did not do The World Works Here on the last night, and therefore, no rehearsals in the kids club.  They did have digital debarkation, and for the most part debarkation seemed to work well, but there were no luggage tags laid out where you have to get up early to grab them.  There was no option in my app to select my debark time/tags, but the room steward delivered #2 tags to my cabin 2 nights prior.  Possibly because we had FTTF, not sure though.  I am wondering if things were different because it was spring break?  For any alcohol bought in the ports of call, you had to pick up on last morning in MDR and the line was very long.  I asked a crew member why they didn't deliver the night before and they said because of spring break, and once it's over they will go back to the process of delivering.

Thank you for reporting back!  Glad you enjoyed your cruise 🤗

Did you end up doing the martini expert thing at Alchemy Bar? Can’t remember now what it was called…

1 hour ago, APDMOM said:

Did you end up doing the martini expert thing at Alchemy Bar?

No 😞  I didn't see it advertised anywhere, and the alchemy bar was always busy so I didn't want to bother the crew.  They did have the flight of 4 mini martini's for $30 though.  I had Cheers so did not partake in that.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, dlphn501 said:

No 😞  I didn't see it advertised anywhere, and the alchemy bar was always busy so I didn't want to bother the crew.  They did have the flight of 4 mini martini's for $30 though.  I had Cheers so did not partake in that.

I haven't seen the Master Mixologist class in a long time.  It was a lot of fun.  We were invited by an Alchemy mixologist to sign up.  I felt like I needed to know a secret handshake😉

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ninjacat123 said:

I haven't seen the Master Mixologist class in a long time.  It was a lot of fun.  We were invited by an Alchemy mixologist to sign up.  I felt like I needed to know a secret handshake😉

I may need to Google this!