Allure of Seas during March Madness

Taking a cruise leaving next weekend on Allure of the Seas (first weekend of March Madness) and was wondering if anyone had cruised during it before and whether there would be a way to watch the games (or at least my fav team) during the cruise.  Know sometimes live sports is hit or miss on cruises so wasn't sure what others have experienced during march madness opening weekend.  We are on the Allure if that makes a difference in options.  Thanks in advance!!

From my experience during college football season, if there are certain games/teams that you want to watch, your best bet is to subscribe to a streaming service like YoutubeTV, I recommend you get a VPN, and you might need to use a Firestick, or possibly a tablet (that lacks GPS). If you try to run YTTV on a phone, it will not run unless you turn on the GPS, and even if using a VPN, it will geoblock you.

Since you are specifically interested in March Madness, another option is to subscribe to the right Paramount+ tier. I would still recommend a VPN (just in case). I have no idea if Paramount+ will geoblock you or not.

• Like 1

I have been on a ship for March Madness multiple times in the past. Last year I was on Freedom for the first weekend of the tournament and the year before that I was on Independence for the second weekend of the tournament.  They showed the majority of the games on Freedom and every game on Independence two years ago the last three days of the second weekend (I wasn’t on the ship for the games on Thursday night). The only downside for you is all these games were shown in Playmaker’s, which Allure doesn’t have. That is one rule I follow religiously in the Fall…I will not cruise on a ship during football season that doesn’t have Playmaker’s. 

• Like 1