Explaining the Royal Suite Class

We are taking our first cruise later this year and I have learned so much from this site, Facebook and others. I think I understand the Royal Suite Class but would like to confirm this with a video or something.

There looks to be three things one must understand. The first is, What Royal Caribbean ships are part of the Royal Suite Class?

Is Royal Suite Class Available in all Cruise Ships? | Royal Caribbean Cruises

Next thing to understand is: Is my suite in Sea, Sky or Star class?

What benefits are included in each Royal Suite Class Tier? | Royal Caribbean Cruises

And finally what benefits does my suite offer:

What Rooms are Included in the Royal Suite Class Program? | Royal Caribbean Cruises

I would like some confirmation I understand this right. Thanks.....

• Like 3

5 hours ago, jobinseattle said:

I would like some confirmation I understand this right.

Yes, though RCI sometimes tweaks the cabins which are eligible for each class and it may take a while for that to be reflected in the FAQ.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LisaLisa87 said:

Congrats on booking your fist cruise! Which ship will you be on, and what type of suite did you book?

Harmony OTS, Actually we booked a junior suite. I really did not know at the time (It really is not a suite IMO like Sky or Star class suite. We did put in a Royal Up for a Grand Suite 1 bedroom. Hope we get it.

• Like 2

Got it. So you know that a Junior Suite (JS) is not considered a "full suite" and does not come with nearly as many amenities. That said, the JSs are larger and have bigger balconies, and JS guests get priority boarding and upgraded bathroom amenities. Also, since you'll be on an Oasis class ship, you may be able to make one or more dinner reservations at Coastal Kitchen (this is based on availability and reservations can only be made after boarding). I recently booked a JS guarantee on another Oasis class ship, and I'm satisfied with the limited perks given the difference in price between a JS and a GS. I know many people think of JSs as glorified balcony rooms, but the size difference is pretty substantial.

I hope you get the upgrade, but I think you'll enjoy the JS if you don't!

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Cigar King said:

Most of what you're looking at is marketing hype.  If you tell us the ship you booked on and what kind of suite you booked, we can give specific information.

I was looking because I am planning a future cruise. I mainly want a suite because of the concierge service and VOOM. I use a walker to get around and the concierge service will be most helpful. We are looking at the Grand Suite 1 Bedroom on Allure OTS.

Allure has most of the perks, including access to the concierge and included internet access.

Not sure what you wanted to use the concierge for, but, they're mainly helpful for making reservations and such.

1 hour ago, Cigar King said:

Allure has most of the perks, including access to the concierge and included internet access.

Not sure what you wanted to use the concierge for, but, they're mainly helpful for making reservations and such.

I am a little self conscious still about using this walker. If anything I am hoping for guidance and seating and a place I can put this that it is out of the way during shows. I have not been on a cruise yet but we are taking Harmony later this year. I will have a much better idea then.

1 minute ago, jobinseattle said:

If anything I am hoping for guidance and seating and a place I can put this that it is out of the way during shows.

If you want that kind of detailed service, don't count on the suite concierge but look for a Genie that comes with a Star class suite.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

If you want that kind of detailed service, don't count on the suite concierge but look for a Genie that comes with a Star class suite.

Thanks, I will have a much better idea what to do when we go on Harmony. My wife will be there. We will figure out something. RC has been doing this for a long time. I bet I have nothing to worry about.

14 minutes ago, jobinseattle said:

Thanks, I will have a much better idea what to do when we go on Harmony. My wife will be there

If I understand things correctly you are in a JS on Harmony, and therefore will NOT have access to the concierge.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cigar King said:

If I understand things correctly you are in a JS on Harmony, and therefore will NOT have access to the concierge.

You are correct we are in a JS, Although we have a bid in through Royal Up to go to a Grand Suite 1 bedroom. I don't really expect win that. I was really planning for our trip on allure in a few years.

If you are planning to sail on Allure, consider a Crown Loft Suite as it is on the same deck as the suite lounge and restaurant and has very convenient access. Some of the other suites require walking down long narrow corridors to access and over the course of a week that can get tedious especially if you are using a walking aid. The Crown Loft Suites are essentially on a private deck with wide and short corridors to and from the elevators. They are our favorite cabins of all.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, jobinseattle said:

I am a little self conscious still about using this walker. If anything I am hoping for guidance and seating and a place I can put this that it is out of the way during shows. I have not been on a cruise yet but we are taking Harmony later this year. I will have a much better idea then.

Concierge can make reservations for you but that does not get you an assigned seat.  You will get in the line for people with reservations and then it is open seating once you enter a venue.  Handicap seating is typically in the back with space for a walker beside you.  Some venues, like the Comedy Club do not have stairs so you will have access to more seating and can put walker off to the side.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pratique said:

If you are planning to sail on Allure, consider a Crown Loft Suite as it is on the same deck as the suite lounge and restaurant and has very convenient access. Some of the other suites require walking down long narrow corridors to access and over the course of a week that can get tedious especially if you are using a walking aid. The Crown Loft Suites are essentially on a private deck with wide and short corridors to and from the elevators. They are our favorite cabins of all.

With the bedroom on the second floor, they would have to try to get the accessible crown loft suite that has the elevator in the suite.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

With the bedroom on the second floor, they would have to try to get the accessible crown loft suite that has the elevator in the suite.

Only if climbing stairs is impractical.

Edit to add: planning years in advance should not pose an issue to get one of the accessible suites.

Edited by Pratique
  • Like 1

Sorry to hijack, but seems like an appropriate thread to ask a quick questions re: Star Class and Genies - is there a contact email to reach a "general" Genie desk? We are sailing on the Allure April 19 and we are hoping to board sooner than the 1300 time slot available. 

Because we were told we will be met by the Genie upon arrival, we don't want to just show up earlier without warning as I do not want to disturb the Genie's other client passengers' plans. 

Thank you...our first Star class and ready to have kiddo spoiled for his birthday!

Warmest Amy

3 hours ago, amygutman said:

is there a contact email to reach a "general" Genie desk?

They will reach out to you within the week before the sailing and you can arrange things like that then.