Paying for gratuities

2 minutes ago, Flafun888 said:

thank you for posting - appreciate it! I was really asking WHEN was the last time they raised them? Just wondering what the odds are of another increase by summer? Or if they've just been raised recently?

I believe they just raised them a few months ago.  But it seems they have been quick to raise them in the past as well. 

• Like 1

All due respect to previous posts   I hope this  does not turn into a "why pay grats, thread" .. There are enough of those threads that can be accessed for those who want that conversation  .

My  prior post fell on deaf ears!  Topic was Pay ahead or add daily...Not another debate on grats or remove grats.. So hope all have fun venting once again!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Flafun888 said:

thank you for posting - appreciate it! I was really asking WHEN was the last time they raised them? Just wondering what the odds are of another increase by summer? Or if they've just been raised recently?

Should last the year. If they were raised X always gives notice so you can pay at the current rate.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mickey89 said:

That's why everyone cancels their gratuities on the last evening, avoids any difficulties

One cruise line, I forget which unless it’s celebrity, required to you to remove them day by day, and to give a reason.  I assume it was to make it more difficult for the boorish people showing up on the last evening wanting to stiff the help.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, hcat said:

My prior post fell on deaf ears!  Topic was Pay ahead or add daily...Not another debate on grats or remove grats.. So hope all have fun venting once again!

Some people just cannot resist the siren song of a troll. 🙄

Edited by AndyCapn
  • Like 1

I though he meant everyone who cancels, does so on the last evening.  Not everyone cancels on the last night.  Most people, in fact, either pre-pay or do not cancel their gratuities.