Embarkation and muster

Mrs f.

If embarkation is 5pm, what time does Oceania want everyone on board?

Also do they still have muster drills?

Trying to plan a meet &greet for embarkation Day.

Thanks

There's no longer a physical muster drill. When you check-in online, there's a short video to watch. You just confirm you've watched it. When we boarded Nautica last summer, we were directed to where our muster station was. Reported to the crew member there who ticked us off his list. That's it. 

I presume time for boarding will be the same for embarkation as it is for other ports - one hour before scheduled departure. My partner follows an O Facebook group where there was a recent mention of folk arriving some 30 minutes before (due to a flight delay IIRC) - the gangplank was already up and they were denied boarding.

1 hour ago, Mrs f. said:

If embarkation is 5pm, what time does Oceania want everyone on board?....

Pulled out my last 3 currents for Day 1 (Embarkation):

Athens 11/9/23: All aboard: 4:30 pm. Departure: 5 pm (Riviera)

Trieste 10/30/23: All aboard: 6:30 pm. Departure: 7 pm (Riviera)

Miami 11/18/22: All aboard: 4:30 pm. Departure: 5 pm (Sirena)

This is the same 30 minutes I've seen on every O cruise in every port since our first on Riviera 12/2021. 

When we boarded Vista in December, we just had to go to our muster station (Martini’s bar) and get checked off their list as having been present.  We always board as early as we can, and enjoy lunch aboard. 

1 hour ago, Tr1v1alCru1ser said:

When we boarded Vista in December, we just had to go to our muster station (Martini’s bar) and get checked off their list as having been present.  We always board as early as we can, and enjoy lunch aboard. 

We had the same experience in mid-January, except our Muster station was in the Vista Lounge.

We typically stroll aboard some time between 2:30 and 3:30, having already had a relaxing lunch ashore. Unless there have been issues, Boardamania is past and we have no lines.Upon boarding, our first stop is at our muster station to check in. The muster station is almost always on the deck on which we board so it is effortlessly to hit it immediately. Then we head off to our cabin which by then is ready for occupancy. 

As with most of our cruises, we typically primarily do private tours, and for convenience of schedule do a Meet & Greet that first night. It’s a great opportunity to meet your fellow tour group members and do any necessary coordination. The M&G is also attended by others on our Roll Call not necessarily doing private tours. So having had a typically delightful lunch ashore, we never want to fill time constrained to make an early dinner that first night. Our upcoming 4/1 cruise is likewise having a M&G on Embarkment Day.

2 hours ago, pinotlover said:

We typically stroll aboard some time between 2:30 and 3:30, having already had a relaxing lunch ashore. Unless there have been issues, Boardamania is past and we have no lines.Upon boarding, our first stop is at our muster station to check in. The muster station is almost always on the deck on which we board so it is effortlessly to hit it immediately. Then we head off to our cabin which by then is ready for occupancy. 

As with most of our cruises, we typically primarily do private tours, and for convenience of schedule do a Meet & Greet that first night. It’s a great opportunity to meet your fellow tour group members and do any necessary coordination. The M&G is also attended by others on our Roll Call not necessarily doing private tours. So having had a typically delightful lunch ashore, we never want to fill time constrained to make an early dinner that first night. Our upcoming 4/1 cruise is likewise having a M&G on Embarkment Day.

I'm planing on volunteering to host the meet & greet. Definitely want it on embarkation Day.  Hoping to get someone on our cruise who is also on the preceeding segment to help.   This worked because that person was able to talk to someone on the ship to set it up. I kept the list.  I found the lady at the Oceania Miami office to be less than helpful.  We had 61 people and it was great.

On 3/21/2024 at 10:22 AM, pinotlover said:

I know there is someone on the ship who can help set up Meet &Greet but I forget who....maybe head concierge?

20 hours ago, Mrs f. said:

I know there is someone on the ship who can help set up Meet &Greet but I forget who...?

See the Cruise Director or Assistant CD.

I set up a Veterans' Meet & Greet with CD Dottie on Sirena 11/2022. When I boarded Riviera 10/30/23 I asked the Asst CD if there was going to be one and he said there would. Already set up. On both legs of our B2B.

Thanks.  On our Australian cruise last year, a Rollcall person on the previous leg set it up. I kept the list. I have found Corporate Miami to give me the runaround. On other cruise lines we've been on, they have been much more helpful in arranging M&G. On Norwegian Pride of America, they left us thank you pineapple dipped in chocolate in our cabin....for cc passengers