Queen Victoria Differences

Jack E Dawson

Well this has always been very interesting. BUT what about comparing any of the three to the QE2???  I cruised her in June 1983 from NY to Quebec and back. It was the first time she'd been on the St Lawrence in 10 years, and all Canada turned out to welcome her. Woke up to the sound of country farmers' little power boats riding right alongside her in the river - can still play that audio tape in my mind.

Been on lot of ships since then, but need to get back that unique Cunard flavor that is lacking elsewhere in modern cruising. Will be on the QV in the Med and Adriatic for 14 days in June and looking forward to reflecting back on memories made 41 years ago. 👱‍♂️

Worth noting we really liked the QE having sailed on one of the first post-covid recovery cruises (the pre Christmas 10 to 14 day cruise that usually runs getting back on 23/24th December).   We sailed on QM2 a year later, and QV 1.5 years later than the first cruise. 

We found out onboard after a few short days on the QE cruise however, near the entire crew was transplanted from QV who were due to have sailed the same sailing (until an equipment swap nearer time was notified to all of us, so same itiinary, different ship).     

Since sailing on QV, we have been recognised by several crew and in part our happy memorys on QE were partly down to the crew.    The almost mad thing is the QV crew remembered us by name despite having seen them ~ 1.5 years prior and remembered our drink preferences!    

One particular crew member also told us he was happy to be home on QV when we saw him again.   At the time he didn't know of any plans for himself to go onto QA but this was 6 months ago so he wouldn't have known then.     

So although I've sailed on QE, I don't think it "counts" as it's mostly been with a QV crew (as it was for the 6 months after sailing resumed post covid).

• Like 1

Luckily, the QV crew/staff were back 'home' for our '22/23 cruises.

I know quite a few were hoping they weren't going to be transferred to QA but acknowledged they had no say in the matter.

Selfishly on my part, I'm hoping to see some familiar faces when we board QA.

• Like 1