Canaries

devolve

Hi we are considering a QA cruise to the Canaries in December. Has anyone any experience they can share of sailing at this time of year. We are looking at the obstructed balcony cabins, but difficult to know how obstructed they are likely to be.

Is there a source for obstructed views on HAL Pinnacles?

Sometimes deck plans are fairly accurate for life boat/tender positions.

The Bay of Biscay can be a bit lumpy at that time of year, Madeira is very nice in the run up to Xmas. Our last cruise there was on QE in 2017 and I did write a blog about it Link... , which seems to be a lot about how bouncy the sea was. We did enjoy it though and will be returning in February on QM2.

• Like 1

We did the Canaries in December, over Christmas.  The Bay of Biscay was a crazy ride!!  It was amazing to sit in the pub and watch the waves go over us!  I think most people were experiencing Mal de Mer so it was pretty quiet around the ship for a few days.  I got some great pictures and videos!  Funchal had a great Christmas market in the town centre.  The weather was beautiful in all ports.  I highly recommend!

Done quite a few of the pre-xmas DEC SOU-Lisbon-Funchal-Canary Islands cruises and we were lucky on all of them with balmy weather all the way there, and back each time.

Even Lisbon although cool was sunny clear and bright.
Funchal and the rest were always T-shirts and shorts.
A real tonic for the approaching UK winter.
We always got back to SOU around DEC 23rd...

Had a mixture of Cabins - Inside, Outside and Balc's.
A Balcony on this cruise was possibly not really used much but was nice of course, to have.
Always found that this cruise was sold off cheaply and we always got a bargain.
Last one I did was on QE DEC 2019.

The ships were decorated for Xmas which was lovely. 

Canaries In  December can be balmy calm and warm or really exciting sea conditions we have experienced both. But you are on a cruise so all is  good. Honestly if you want reliable weather I suggest Fairbanks Alaska in January or Alice Springs  Australia in March. Both reliable but not recommended. Yes have done them too.