Cruise survey

3 hours ago, cAPS lOCK oN said:

For what it's worth, you CAN do the survey without using the ship's internet. Due to connectivity and bandwidth issues we gave up using the Internet early on our Voyager cruise and went with 5G on our phones exclusively. And I was able to do the end-of-cruise survey in just a couple of minutes while in our suite.

Note that our cell plan treats international data just like domestic data, and that meant there were no outrageous roaming charges. So YMMV.

I didn't know that - ty.

9 hours ago, cAPS lOCK oN said:

Note that our cell plan treats international data just like domestic data, and that meant there were no outrageous roaming charges. So YMMV.

Would that include when at sea and the ship is connecting you directly to your cellular service?  If so, what cellular plan do you have?

On 8/5/2024 at 10:25 PM, flossie009 said:

As we disembarked Voyager this morning, the CD read out the names of the two lucky winners. Still not sure how they would utilise the non-refundable credit if the prize is not awarded until overnight prior to disembarkation; unless used to defray an outstanding balance.

Moot point anyway as we did not win ☹️

I was one of the lucky winners of this drawing.  They said it would be a drawing of all those who completed their survey by 6pm the evening before disembarkation.  The purser called to notify me at 5:30pm, and was very concerned that I also had several hundred additional dollars OBC that she thought I had to spend that evening, not realizing I would also be on the next segment.

Sometimes the last night is an overnight, in which case about the only thing to spend it on would be a nice bottle of wine with dinner.  Useless the morning of disembarkation. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SusieQft said:

I was one of the lucky winners of this drawing.

Congratulations 💰 🙂

3 hours ago, SusieQft said:

The purser called to notify me at 5:30pm, and was very concerned that I also had several hundred additional dollars OBC that she thought I had to spend that evening

On our cruise, Voyager was delayed sailing on the last night with a "technical issue". This meant that the shops never opened and any other purchases that final evening would have been subject to Spanish tax ☹️

7 hours ago, SusieQft said:

Would that include when at sea and the ship is connecting you directly to your cellular service?  If so, what cellular plan do you have?

We use Google Fi, Google's cell plan. You mostly won't get service when out to sea, but our cruise was port intensive and sailing was along Europe's Atlantic coast, so we usually were able to stay connected. And the 5G service was speedy, 50 mbps and up. The ship on its very best day was serving up 3 mbps.

We pay $35 per month for the two of us, plus another $10 per gig of data used in a month up to 10 gig, with data being free after that. When at home we're on wifi, so most months we hardly use any cell data. 

9 hours ago, SusieQft said:

Sometimes the last night is an overnight, in which case about the only thing to spend it on would be a nice bottle of wine with dinner.  Useless the morning of disembarkation. 

One time we had too much OBC at the end of the cruise so we found the sommelier and bought two very nice bottles of wine. They made it home just fine in our luggage to be used for later anniversary celebrations.