Cruise survey

We disembarked Splendor on Sunday and have not yet received a survey (It is Thursday).  I really want the opportunity to mention some of the wonderful staff who enhanced our experience.  Is this delay typical or shall I try to figure out the best place to send a summary? Thanks!

6 hours ago, Cybercsp said:

I really want the opportunity to mention some of the wonderful staff who enhanced our experience.

Suggest you email your Regent office

6 hours ago, Cybercsp said:

We disembarked Splendor on Sunday and have not yet received a survey (It is Thursday).

Just curious as to why you expected a survey to be sent to you after the cruise 🤔

4 minutes ago, flossie009 said:

Just curious as to why you expected a survey to be sent to you after the cruise 🤔

Us newbies to Regent who travel on other lines are used to getting our survey within a day or two of disembarking our cruise. My husband always completes his survey and makes sure he mentions crew he was impressed by. I will have to make sure in October he knows to do this before we disembark. We will bring our own laptops so hopefully we can complete it on them.

Could anyone with experience know what wifi is like on Explorer around Japan?

Thanks very much for all the responses. Yes, it has been our experience on every other cruise line that we have sailed that we receive a survey via email either later that day or the next.  We disembarked very early, and never opened our email on the final day until we got to the airport and there was nothing there. Now I know!

2 hours ago, frantic36 said:

Us newbies to Regent who travel on other lines are used to getting our survey within a day or two of disembarking our cruise. My husband always completes his survey and makes sure he mentions crew he was impressed by. I will have to make sure in October he knows to do this before we disembark. We will bring our own laptops so hopefully we can complete it on them.

Could anyone with experience know what wifi is like on Explorer around Japan?

Just got off Explorer in Tokyo 2 weeks ago.  The wifi was ok generally with some times when it was not all that good. So pretty "typical cruise ship internet."  If you want to do the survey, it's WAY EASIER to go to the Business Center on deck 5 and use the ships computer to do it.  The IT guy will help if you have any logon questions and their computers seem much more stable.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, flossie009 said:

Suggest you email your Regent office

As Frantic said, other cruise lines send out surveys a few days to a week after a cruise is completed.  I wish Regent would do that.  I keep forgetting the survey and tend to miss it.  And when I do remember to do it it's usually a few days before the cruise ends so it really isn't complete.  It's hard to rate Prime 7 if you haven't gone yet.  

In my experience it's much easier to give an honest and complete review a few days to a week after the cruise than a few days before the end of the cruise.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, papaflamingo said:

Just got off Explorer in Tokyo 2 weeks ago.  The wifi was ok generally with some times when it was not all that good. So pretty "typical cruise ship internet."  If you want to do the survey, it's WAY EASIER to go to the Business Center on deck 5 and use the ships computer to do it.  The IT guy will help if you have any logon questions and their computers seem much more stable.  

We got off Explorer last Monday - our experience was exactly the same as yours. Couldn’t get into the Business Centre (too many waiting) so didn’t get the survey done.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cybercsp said:

We disembarked very early, and never opened our email on the final day until we got to the airport and there was nothing there. Now I know!

It's even worse than you think. There is no email link to the survey. You have to go to a specific website to fill out the survey. You need your seven seas society number to create an account. Then you log in and do the survey on that website. That website is only accessible on board.

The URL for the special website is listed in the Passages newsletter starting maybe three days before the end of the cruise. It's in one of the picture "ads" in Passages. You have to type it in by hand.

Regent would be hard-pressed to make it any more difficult to do the end-of-cruise survey.

(I still haven't figured out if my SSS-associated survey account sticks around once I created it, or if I have to create a new account for every cruise.)

• Thanks 1

Wo

29 minutes ago, RELS said:

Regent would be hard-pressed to make it any more difficult to do the end-of-cruise survey.

WOW.  I wonder what percentage of guests complete the surveys. Very sad for the wonderful staff members who do not get recognized by frustrated passengers. Luckily, I am tenacious! 

As a counter-point, I can do mine in 5 minutes or less and then jam out my GF's survey for her. Never had an issue logging in and it is smooth as silk for me. I can't explain the difference in experiences.

• Like 1

The mid-cruise hand written surveys are easy to fill out and just drop in the box at reception.  I use those to mention names I want to recognize, and also for any specific issues that I know they can address quickly on the ship.  I know that the individual crew members hear about any positive or negative feedback. Complaints result in a large furor of apologies, meetings with managers, and occasionally an actual remedy of the situation.  (Sometimes the remedy is not possible when supplies are not on the ship.)

DH is more diligent than I in jumping through the hoops to complete the digital survey.  We collaborate to make sure we give recognition to all the crew members who have done a great job for us in some way, and it is always a long list.

I got disgusted with it after spending a lot of time on it, saving it to complete later, and then trying to finalize and submit it early in the morning before disembarkation.  That was too late, and all my work was wasted.  You have to submit it the day before disembarkation, not that morning even though you are still on the ship.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

As a counter-point, I can do mine in 5 minutes or less and then jam out my GF's survey for her. Never had an issue logging in and it is smooth as silk for me. I can't explain the difference in experiences.

Probably because you have done it so often you have muscle memory. Also you sound younger then most of us on the board and use IT a lot for your business.

24 minutes ago, SusieQft said:

The mid-cruise hand written surveys are easy to fill out and just drop in the box at reception.  I use those to mention names I want to recognize, and also for any specific issues that I know they can address quickly on the ship

Thanks for this great tip. My husband and I will make sure we mention names and give praise mid cruise. We are only doing an 11 day cruise, our shortest ever cruise for a long time, but it is a taster to see how we like Regent as we are used to smaller ships.

We are also doing the post cruise Tokyo tour so was wondering if they also include a survey there we need to look out for?

We always have filled out the mid cruise survey and mentioned the most helpful staff. Any problems have usually been addressed by then.  

The end of cruise survey was pencil and paper pre covid, can’t remember when it changed, but we also have problem getting the post do on line before we leave. Last two times when it didn’t work I just wrote a letter to the GM to praise the staff that had treated us so well. Put it in an envelope addressed to the GM and left  it at the desk. Think that works since we heard from our waiter about our compliment on the next cruise. Agree, this is a bad way to get information. It leaves a bit of a bad taste after such a nice time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Pcardad said:

It would be easier to do it on a laptop, but these days I only travel with tablet and phone. The radio buttons go quickly, but typing longer comments is a pain. 

DP doesn’t do theirs, so I do it for them if I have time and inclination. 

Bottom line:  if Regent really wanted to know what you thought of the cruise and wanted your comments/suggestions, it would be an easier process.  I don't think they really want our input, thus they make it hard.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

The on line survey at the end of the cruise was implemented before Covid. This survey is done using the intranet (not the internet).  The intranet is also used throughout the ship for things like restaurant orders, account balances etc. It is a learning experience getting logged on for the survey.  Once I get logged on, I found it fairly easy to complete.  But, I do not like the fact that I am not able to rate/discuss the last couple of days.

It is my understanding that the midcruise survey stays on the ship.  The end of cruise survey goes to corporate for metrics, passenger comments and process issues, etc.and this would be reported back to the ship.  It would be interesting to see the percentage of surveys completed compared to lines that use the mail surveys after you disembark.

It is a shame that Regent newbies somehow did not get the notice about the survey. I have found out I have missed some things that are displayed in Passages in a box like ads are.  I use to just skip over these, not any more.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, mj_holiday said:

I have found out I have missed some things that are displayed in Passages in a box like ads are.  I use to just skip over these, not any more.

Agree! I now read all the "ads" every day. First time on Splendor the only mention of the grand Sunday brunch was in an "ad". Many people didn't know about it. Wasn't even mentioned on the morning show.

On 3/22/2024 at 3:01 PM, RELS said:

It's even worse than you think. There is no email link to the survey. You have to go to a specific website to fill out the survey. You need your seven seas society number to create an account. Then you log in and do the survey on that website. That website is only accessible on board.

The URL for the special website is listed in the Passages newsletter starting maybe three days before the end of the cruise. It's in one of the picture "ads" in Passages. You have to type it in by hand.

(I still haven't figured out if my SSS-associated survey account sticks around once I created it, or if I have to create a new account for every cruise.)

I don’t understand why any business who really cares about customer feedback and continuous improvement wouldn’t want to make it easy and convenient to provide honest feedback  It would be a very easy process change to allow feedback once you are off the ship and have a chance to reflect. 

• Like 5

I suspect that Regent suspects that most passengers, best intentions notwithstanding, will not log on from home and fill out the survey. I know That I resemble that remark. When I get home I am busy going through my mail, making sure any non-autopay bills get paid, checking the garden, doing laundry, thinking about our next cruise, etc, etc. 

Onboard the list of distractions is much shorter. I’m sure that most of my fellow passengers are much better organized and more focused than I but for at least some of us being required to do the survey onboard increases the likelihood that we actually fill it out. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, pappy1022 said:

I don’t understand why any business who really cares about customer feedback and continuous improvement wouldn’t want to make it easy and convenient to provide honest feedback  It would be a very easy process change to allow feedback once you are off the ship and have a chance to reflect. 

I agree!  Why not give guests a choice? 

My assessment is that either Regent doesn't care much about feedback or there is a high level of incompetence in parts of the organization (or both).  

At one time there were nonsensical answers to some questions on the survey.  For example, one question was “How likely are you to cruise with Regent Seven Seas Cruises again?—the answers were “Excellent”, Very Good, etc.  I wonder if those still exist? Maybe someone completing the survey can let us know if those questions/answers have ever been corrected.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

CruisetheC’s, that is exactly the answer. Give people a choice. The more feedback, the better, if you really are serious about it. I’ve been around surveys where it’s just a gesture with the hopes of giving the illusion that they care. Other times, the surveys are taken serious and actions are taken and those actions are communicated to the customers or employees. There is nothing worse than pretending you care when you don’t. 

Update:  I contacted customer service via the website, explaining that I wished to provide feedback about our Splendor cruise, mentioning that I particularly wished to praise some of the staff members.  In response, I received a generic form with an assigned case number (which I suspect is more suited for problem resolution) asking me for my contact information and a summary of my request.  I was told to expect a response within 15 days. We shall see...