Mykonos, Crete, Rhodes weather in November

megr1125

Hi

Contemplating booking Island Princess from Athens to Rome for my bday in November.  

I'm wondering about the weather and things being open, especially since the call to Mykonos falls on my actual birthday.  My alternate plan is Dublin, Belfast and Paris by land.  Figuring the Med is a tad warmer but forgot that everything might be closed.

If you've done a similar sailing in November, were things open?

Thanks

I've been on 5 or 6 Med cruises in November, even as late as the last week of the month and never noticed more than a very few places closed in any destination including the Greek Isles.

Of course, I wasn't looking for beach clubs at that time of year, they could very well be shut down by then.

But shops, restaurants, etc. in town are, by and large, open for business.

2 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

I've been on 5 or 6 Med cruises in November, even as late as the last week of the month and never noticed more than a very few places closed in any destination including the Greek Isles.

Of course, I wasn't looking for beach clubs at that time of year, they could very well be shut down by then.

But shops, restaurants, etc. in town are, by and large, open for business.

Thanks!

Not really concerned about beaching lol, I don't do much of that anyway. As much as I like sun and sand, the heat sucks the life out of me! 😄😄

As long as there's a few shops and cafes open, I'd be happy.   I was scrolling the interwebs and saw a lot of comments that islands like Mykonos tend to close up at the end of October and this cruise is late November.

I can't decide what I want to do lol. It's a big Zero bday so, since I'm not thinking my fam is gonna throw me a party, vacation it is. Somewhere.

Just now, megr1125 said:

Thanks!

Not really concerned about beaching lol, I don't do much of that anyway. As much as I like sun and sand, the heat sucks the life out of me! 😄😄

As long as there's a few shops and cafes open, I'd be happy.   I was scrolling the interwebs and saw a lot of comments that islands like Mykonos tend to close up at the end of October and this cruise is late November.

I can't decide what I want to do lol. It's a big Zero bday so, since I'm not thinking my fam is gonna throw me a party, vacation it is. Somewhere.

Enjoy!

I love celebrating my birthdays while traveling. Certainly makes it memorable. I remember the day I turned 45 I was in Egypt, walking through the Valley of the Dead and seeing the tombs there (a lifelong dream). My fellow tour mates said I had the widest grin all day....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CruiserBruce said:

Google search weather for a couple of your ports. Try "Athens November weather", for example.

I did. Hence, I came here for actual feedback from CCers as opposed to Google averages and random people on Reddit and other sites. 🤣🤣🤣  (20+ years here, I research first and come for feedback from fellow cruisers, hopefully smart ones! 😜😜😜)

• Like 1

On 3/23/2024 at 9:37 AM, megr1125 said:

Thanks!

I can't tolerate the heat, either, so I'd love to hear what kind of survival skills you may have developed(besides drinking lots of water 😉) I'm looking at a Med cruise in September, something I normally wouldn't do, but the itinerary is attractive, with interesting cities and antiquities. I like to walk around and explore, and I'm just afraid the heat will knock me out.

11 hours ago, SnowshoeCat said:

I can't tolerate the heat, either, so I'd love to hear what kind of survival skills you may have developed(besides drinking lots of water 😉) I'm looking at a Med cruise in September, something I normally wouldn't do, but the itinerary is attractive, with interesting cities and antiquities. I like to walk around and explore, and I'm just afraid the heat will knock me out.

I drink a LOT of water, go out early and when I feel hot or tired, I go try and find a cooler spot or a place to sit.  I made a lot of "friends" with shop owners in Santorini by going in to their shop, cooling off (some had decent, by US standards, A/C) and/or asking if I could sit for a moment.