Beyond Edge Villa- ABC Islands- Special Occasion

Hi- We are beyond excited (no pun intended) for this trip in June. We wanted to do one last really special trip with our son before he goes to college and create lasting memories.. So we splurged.

So many conflicting points on this class of ship and accommodation...  Would love to know ideas for how we can maximize our time.. What are the best things for teens on this ship? Best dining? (he loves fancy dining) other tricks or perks we should know about? 

What is included vs not? (so many conflicting posts on that) 

Are there any venues he cant use, being under 21? If he meets friends, can he bring them to the retreat area?  I am also looking on all the other boards for things in the Islands... but will take any thoughts here as well. 🙂 We just booked and many of the excursions are already sold out.

It has been a while since we have cruised, and so much has changed, so I genuinely appreciate any tips from all of you.

1 hour ago, WineDown17 said:

Hi- We are beyond excited (no pun intended) for this trip in June. We wanted to do one last really special trip with our son before he goes to college and create lasting memories.. So we splurged.

So many conflicting points on this class of ship and accommodation...  Would love to know ideas for how we can maximize our time.. What are the best things for teens on this ship? Best dining? (he loves fancy dining) other tricks or perks we should know about? 

What is included vs not? (so many conflicting posts on that) 

Are there any venues he cant use, being under 21? If he meets friends, can he bring them to the retreat area?  I am also looking on all the other boards for things in the Islands... but will take any thoughts here as well. 🙂 We just booked and many of the excursions are already sold out.

It has been a while since we have cruised, and so much has changed, so I genuinely appreciate any tips from all of you.

You will all love the EV, it's a magnificent room and the balcony is super nice as well.  Direct access from the 2nd floor to Retreat sundeck, proximity to the Retreat lounge and the level of service from Room Steward and Butler are all fantastic.  Your sone being 18 will have access to every area of the ship, minus drinking alcohol.  I love Luminae but I would encourage you to utilize the included specialty dining.  Le Grand Bistro for lunch is my favorite, Eden for dinner is the BEST and Rooftop Garden, weather permitting is fantastic.  Great way to treat your son as he gets ready for univeristy.  Enjoy your cruise!

Sorry, can help with teen suggestion.  Best dining IMO is LeVoyage.  Eden is another very popular one.  
The production show on Evening Chic nights are excellent and you will have a reserved seating area in the theater.

As for bringing guests into the Retreat that is allowed.

You can bring a guest to Luminae for a meal but that needs to be pre arranged with the MaitreD and there is a charge for guests meals.  

38 minutes ago, jelayne said:

As for bringing guests into the Retreat that is allowed.

You can bring a guest to Luminae for a meal but that needs to be pre arranged with the MaitreD and there is a charge for guests meals.  

Did you mean to say that is Not allowed.

• Like 1