Input on Silhouette Sunset Sky Veranda Suite Needed

Syd58

Posted (edited)

I have read many comments here but still am unsure about which suite to book. At this point, I have a choice between 1668/1665,9376/9301,8340/8347,or 7358/7309.  I understand deck 10 should be avoided, if possible, due to the partial obstruction from the window washing equipment. I also understand that lower sunset veranda decks on this ship are not as private as they stick out further than those above, I’m leaning toward 1668, but am concerned that it may be too high or that we may hear noise from the pool deck above. Is the aft or starboard side better? Do both sides have the pole in the room? The renderings make it appear that the inside of the sunset sky suites on the 11th and 12th floors are a little larger?  I’m wondering if the insides as well as the balconies of all sunset sky verandas are the same size regardless of location? Do prices of these suites tend to drop as the sail date gets closer if there are many left? Thanks for your help.

Edited by Syd58
Additional question

We have been in 1665 recently and it was a great room with lots of storage. The room and balcony were very spacious and everything was in good condition. We did not hear any noise from pool deck. There is a pole adjacent to one side of the bed but that was not really an issue. There is a tub/shower combo in the bathroom and you have to be careful not to let the water come out of the sides of the too- tiny shower curtain. There is very little overhang on the balcony so the balcony can get very hot and sunny but there was a large table, several chairs and a footstool plus a fabulous view. Outlets for electronics are only on one side of the bed and you have to use the hair dryer at the desk (only other outlet in room) as it won't work in the bathroom. Be prepared to do a lot of walking as there are no aft stairs or elevators. The only weird thing we encountered was that every time we were headed into port there were terrible vibrations in the room for 30 minutes or so which caused the whole room and bed to shake. We never experienced that level of vibration before so it was a little scary the first time it happened.

Posted (edited)
On 3/24/2024 at 7:06 PM, Syd58 said:

I have read many comments here but still am unsure about which suite to book. At this point, I have a choice between 1668/1665,9376/9301,8340/8347,or 7358/7309.  I understand deck 10 should be avoided, if possible, due to the partial obstruction from the window washing equipment. I also understand that lower sunset veranda decks on this ship are not as private as they stick out further than those above, I’m leaning toward 1668, but am concerned that it may be too high or that we may hear noise from the pool deck above. Is the aft or starboard side better? Do both sides have the pole in the room? The renderings make it appear that the inside of the sunset sky suites on the 11th and 12th floors are a little larger?  I’m wondering if the insides as well as the balconies of all sunset sky verandas are the same size regardless of location? Do prices of these suites tend to drop as the sail date gets closer if there are many left? Thanks for your help.

deleted

Edited by Oceangoer2

Posted (edited)

We have been in 9301 (port side corner aft sunset suite) and we loved it. Yes there was a pole in the cabin about 6 inches from the bed. It was on my side of the bed and was not an issue. On a rough sea day it was helpful to have it to steady myself after just waking as the ship was rolling a bit. If standing at the railing you could see balconies below but sitting nothing but ocean and the wake. I am sure those above could see us if we were both at the railing. I never gave it thought though. We wouldn’t hesitate to book it again

Edited by rcrabb1513

Posted (edited)

We were in #8340 Silhouette in 2019.  Great cabin....wrap around balcony more long than wide.  Lots of room for loungers, chairs, a large dining type table (not the skimpy ones after redesign so hopefully that is still the balcony furniture).  Pole never an issue, large side porthole by the sofa was a nice feature;  never aware of anyone looking down from above...maybe because the cabin is at the extreme starboard side of the ship.  I tend to over-pack but with great closet/drawers I didn't need all that space.  Would definitely recommend.

Edited by Oceangoer2

Posted (edited)

We were in 8340 for the TA in October.  The room is great and the porthole window is huge.  The pole was not an issue for us.  Best side depends on the itinerary and whether you like sun or shade.  You didn't mention where you were sailing.  The rail of the balcony is not private, but toward the glass door you can lay out "naturally" with no issue.

Edited by marieps
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, marieps said:

We were in 8340 for the TA in October.  The room is great and the porthole window is huge.  The pole was not an issue for us.  Best side depends on the itinerary and whether you like sun or shade.  You didn't mention where you were sailing.  The rail of the balcony is not private, but toward the glass door you can lay out "naturally" with no issue.

Is that 'naturally' or au naturale?  LOL.  bit chilly on a TA. 😉  Did they leave the balcony furniture as it was, or 'upgrade' it?

Edited by Oceangoer2

2 hours ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Is that 'naturally' or au naturale?  LOL.  bit chilly on a TA. 😉  Did they leave the balcony furniture as it was, or 'upgrade' it?

True, I had to wait til the very end to "enjoy" the sun.  I don't know how the furniture was before, but it was only ok.  Still, better then the horrible outer furniture we had in an SS on Summit courtesy of Kelly Hoppen.

• Like 1

On 3/24/2024 at 7:06 PM, Syd58 said:

I have read many comments here but still am unsure about which suite to book. At this point, I have a choice between 1668/1665,9376/9301,8340/8347,or 7358/7309

We love the aft corner suites for their larger wrap around balconies and really enjoy the ones on the higher decks.  

Here is a link to a live review of 2153, directly above 1665 -  

We were on the Silhouette in corner Sky Suite 1665 Feb 26-March 7 and thought it was in great shape.  It has lots of storage space, extremely quiet, very bright with the large port hole window...and you can't help but LOVE the balcony!  We have stayed in a corner sky suite on different ships and on different levels, but we thought the 11lth level was perfect.  I have photos of our cabin as well as the balcony if you would like to see them.  I'll also be glad to answer any specific questions you might have.