Nassau being canceled???

4 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Bahamas itineraries have been impacted by weather the last couple days.

Supposedly this is cruises in May though

I Googled, and this is what I found -- doesn't mean something isn't also going on with weather: 

Royal Caribbean International has reached out to guests who have pre-booked certain shore tours while visiting Nassau in the Bahamas to alert them that their selected tours have been cancelled.

The impacted tours involve the Blue Lagoon, as the cruise line has not yet completed its investigation into an incident from November 2023.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Mum2Mercury said:

I Googled, and this is what I found -- doesn't mean something isn't also going on with weather: 

Royal Caribbean International has reached out to guests who have pre-booked certain shore tours while visiting Nassau in the Bahamas to alert them that their selected tours have been cancelled.

The impacted tours involve the Blue Lagoon, as the cruise line has not yet completed its investigation into an incident from November 2023.

This is related to the excursion incident back in November 2023. Royal has cancelled these excursions since back then. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, blueslily said:

This is related to the excursion incident back in November 2023. Royal has cancelled these excursions since back then. 

Yeah, I know, but it was the only article that popped up about Royal not visiting Nassau -- and it was dated about three weeks ago.  Seems reasonable that that huge incident isn't yet resolved.  

2 minutes ago, Mum2Mercury said:

Yeah, I know, but it was the only article that popped up about Royal not visiting Nassau -- and it was dated about three weeks ago.  Seems reasonable that that huge incident isn't yet resolved.  

Ok. I'm bummed Royal is not retarting those excursions yet. I get it though. Luckily other cruise lines have restarted the excursions which is good. I enjoy Blue Lagoon and plan to return when on a different cruise line. Thanks 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, blueslily said:

Ok. I'm bummed Royal is not retarting those excursions yet. I get it though. Luckily other cruise lines have restarted the excursions which is good. I enjoy Blue Lagoon and plan to return when on a different cruise line. Thanks 

You can book it independently 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

You can book it independently 

Thanks. Yes, I looked into that for my last cruise. But, I prefer not to book it independently. Thanks so much!

4 hours ago, Mum2Mercury said:

They cancelled the excursion - not the port.

• Like 1