Wedding Photos

Much has been said recently about P&O attracting young families to the 2 big ships.  Here is an interesting twist. On our recent Iona cruise there was a young family, four of them in an inside cabin down the corridor from us. On Celebration night they all appeared in full bridal finery. Turned out the wedding had been just prior to the cruise and they were going to have their wedding photographs taken on the ship. Given the serious cost of a professional wedding photographer I had to admire their initiative. I expect it was no more to take the cruise than pay for it at home and had a honeymoon thrown in. 

• Like 4

I would agree and would recommend it to any young couple either for the full wedding or for the celebration after a civil or religious service on land.

We did a renewal of vows onboard Arcadia for a special anniversary (good excuse to book a suite, new clothes etc and another holiday) and the ship arranged everything beautifully for us. A lovely service, flowers, cake, champagne, dinner at Arcadian Rhodes and yes a photographer.

The pictures she took were amazing and included in the package cost.

I have suggested to younger members of the family that a ship is the way to go with a personal coordinator and professionals on hand and no flying for the honeymoon.

• Like 3