Shuttle between ships in Port Everglades

36 minutes ago, lovinlife58 said:

We're doing a side by side, from Celebrity Eclipse to Royal's Oasis in Nov. Is there shuttles between the terminals?

There might be, but you may not know until on board Eclipse - ask then.

• Like 2

The port runs a shuttle between Pier 29 and the Midport garage. 

Otherwise, there is a flat taxi fare for between terminals. I saw it on the sign yesterday when we disembarked -- I think it's $8.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hrhdhd said:

The port runs a shuttle between Pier 29 and the Midport garage. 

Otherwise, there is a flat taxi fare for between terminals. I saw it on the sign yesterday when we disembarked -- I think it's $8.

Thank you!!

I did this twice. 1st time walked to the next cruise terminal as it was only one terminal away/ second time took an uber. I requested the last group disembarking from each ship to avoid the crowd.

Walked between terminal 25 and 19, around 5 minutes mostly spent getting around people, through the parking garage to Liberty.  Oasis uses terminal 18 and is a bit farther walk.  In our case the road between the garage and over to terminal 18 was open, so a walk thee would have added 5 minutes more.  If that road is closed it is a longer walk, but still not a big deal.  In January it was a no-brainer but July and rain would be a pain.

I am transferring from CelebrIty to Princess on a Saturday in May. I wrote to the Port Everglades Port authority to get some further guidance. They recommend taking a taxi. There is a flat inter-terminal fee of $8.00. It was recommended to advise the driver you are aware of the maximum $8.00 fee when you get into the car.

• Like 1

Yes that is good advice as we had a terrible experience there when the taxi driver tried to charge us a lot more and then locked the doors when I disputed it. It was horrible, and he only let us out when I threatened to call the police.

I will also never take an Uber again from the hotel to the ship on embarkation day after a similar aggressive and stressful experience when the driver dumped us at an underground car park and left. I know it’s only these 2 drivers but it’s awful they took advantage of people who are not familiar with the area.