Safe & calm beaches in Bermuda?

3red7s

Hello CC folks.  We are headed to Bermuda in June.  This is our 2nd trip & would love to swim in the ocean. I dont know where our last visit was, but the ocean waves and currents were very strong.  Can anyone recommend a beach that is calm & not deep?  We need something that we can reach via cab or bus from the cruise docs & has bathrooms.  Thank you & have a blessed Easter 

5 minutes ago, 3red7s said:

Hello CC folks.  We are headed to Bermuda in June.  This is our 2nd trip & would love to swim in the ocean. I dont know where our last visit was, but the ocean waves and currents were very strong.  Can anyone recommend a beach that is calm & not deep?  We need something that we can reach via cab or bus from the cruise docs & has bathrooms.  Thank you & have a blessed Easter 

Tobacco Bay or Clearwater Beach. You can take a ferry to St George to either on a weekday then a taxi to either.  You could take a taxi the whole way but that would be pretty expensive. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Laszlo said:

That is Clearwater Beach you linked too. It is not close to the Dockyard cruise port. Long Bay Beach is in Coopers Reserve. Both are on the other end of Bermuda from the cruise port at the Dockyard. Long Bay Beach is great but you have to go to Clearwater, walk into the reserve, then walk to Long Bay Beach. No vehicles are allowed in the reserve. There is a gate. There are no bathrooms like OP asked for. I have been there. Clearwater, Coopers Reserve and Long Bay Beach are about as far from the Dockyard cruise port as you can get. I did them when docked at the cruise port in St. George’s. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

That is Clearwater Beach you linked too. It is not close to the Dockyard cruise port. Long Bay Beach is in Coopers Reserve. Both are on the other end of Bermuda from the cruise port at the Dockyard. Long Bay Beach is great but you have to go to Clearwater, walk into the reserve, then walk to Long Bay Beach. No vehicles are allowed in the reserve. There is a gate. There are no bathrooms like OP asked for. I have been there. Did it when docked at the cruise port in St. George’s. 

Thats very strange, when I click on the link it goes to Long Bay Beach.... See screen shot

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Long+Bay+Beach/@32.3041525,-64.8719346,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m6!3m5!1s0x8a2d173d67eb36e5:0xc52c311a27fc06e3!8m2!3d32.304239!4d-64.8716954!16s%2Fg%2F11bw832rq7?entry=ttu

Screen Shot 2024-04-12 at 8.49.34 AM.png

Edited by Laszlo
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Laszlo said:

Your screen shot map shows Somerset Long Bay which is close to the Dockyard. No bathroom there. The sidebar shows Clearwater. I don’t know how google is giving you that mash up.  

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

Your screen shot map shows Somerset Long Bay which is close to the Dockyard. No bathroom there. The sidebar shows Clearwater. I don’t know how google is giving you that mash up.  

Its Friday Lol

• Like 1

There are three Long Bays in Bermuda.

Somerset, Warwick and Cooper's Island.

To the OP, your best bet is Tobacco Bay, get the ferry from Dockyard to St George, then a short taxi ride over the hill.

Despite the reef, most of our beaches can see rough conditions depending on the weather.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Jim and Monika said:

Any idea how much a Taxi would be from Hamilton to Clearwater?

Don’t know the answer to this, but you can take a ferry or a bus to St George from Hamilton and then a taxi to the beach, which would cost less.

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, trivia addict said:

Don’t know the answer to this, but you can take a ferry or a bus to St George from Hamilton and then a taxi to the beach, which would cost less.

Taxi from Hamilton probably about $40. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Jim and Monika said:

Our ship will be docking in St George for a short day and 2 1/2 days at Hamilton. Looking for options in Hamilton beside Horseshoe Bay.

If you decide to go to Clearwater/Coopers from Hamilton personably I would take a taxi direct from Hamilton. Unless you want to stopover in St. George’s or the Dockyard buses and or ferries will take more time, complications and probably only save $10. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1