Any info on Joy's new "Premier Owner's Suite"?

I see that as part of the January refurb, Joy's DOS suites are now "Premier Owner's Suite". Any info on these? Videos? Photos?

Are the layouts and photos on NCL.com accurate? The newest video I can find is Haar's from a year ago which I assume doesn't reflect the new configuration.

Posted (edited)

If you can imagine it.....

Take the old Haven library and cut it in half from front to back.

Give the port side half to 18100 and the starboard side half to 18700.

In that new space, add a bedroom, a bathroom, and a dining room table as well as rearrange the living room and bedroom spaces. 

JoyH2.jpg

Edited by Two Wheels Only
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

If you can imagine it.....

Take the old Haven library and cut it in half from front to back.

Give the port side half to 18100 and the starboard side half to 18700.

In that new space, add a bedroom, a bathroom, and a dining room table as well as rearrange the living room and bedroom spaces. 

JoyH2.jpg

I’ve stayed in and seen some very nice cabins….but this one?

DANG!!!!!

• Like 1

We just sailed on the Joy and on the last day we were almost last to get off the boat so asked if we could go look at the premier owner's suite. I didn't take pictures because I thought it would be weird to do in someone else's cabin. There was a lady there videoing the suite so maybe that will be up on youtube soon.

What in particular were you looking to know? The suite was huge and wonderful. The only issue I could see with it is price. 🤣

• Like 1

10 hours ago, beastlet said:

What in particular were you looking to know? The suite was huge and wonderful. The only issue I could see with it is price. 🤣

I was mainly wondering if the floor plan the other user shared above was accurate. It seemed so different from the Haar video from last year.

But understanding that they expanded it by removing the Haven library makes sense. That separate formal dining room looks so much nicer than the little table that was in the old DOS.

Thank you!!

It's difficult to tell from the rendering, but I seem to think that they were making this into a 3 bedroom suite along the lines of the Garden Villas on the Jewel class ships.

I had seen somewhere (don't remember where) a better view and it seemed as if the 2 second bedrooms were a bit nicer than the second bedroom in the Haven 2 bed suites.  But, not sure just speculating.  

Hopefully someone will post a video soon.  

3 hours ago, ryarger said:

But understanding that they expanded it by removing the Haven library makes sense. That separate formal dining room looks so much nicer than the little table that was in the old DOS.

I can confirm the separate formal dining room, I remember that vividly.

Posted (edited)
On 3/27/2024 at 1:21 PM, ryarger said:

Joy's DOS suites are now "Premier Owner's Suite". Any info on these? Videos? Photos?

This is the original rendering from before dry dock. Note the curtains are fake looking. This is from https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/norwegian-cruise-line-announces-extensive-refurbishment-for-norwegian-joy

image.png.c497632555514e360fcf520148a1c3d6.png

I found pictures that are different than the original NCL CADD renderings. I cannot seem to find that NCL page now that had many more. The below pic is from Cruse Deck Plans. It looks so real I wonder if its a photo taken by NCL after drydock. The drapes look real. There is much different stuff on the tables. The TV has a picture. Maybe they are just more detailed renderings out of CADD.

image.thumb.png.2e147efccd598e571ccf80cdc8278151.png

In the above photo the dining room is different than the below early rending. The wall art looks real. The table legs are brown wood not white marble. The chairs are different and much more real looking. The chair upper appears leather not wood and has a matching leather bottom cushion. Below I'll zoom in.

Rendering before Refurb from https://www.ncl.com/newsroom/norwegian-cruise-line-announces-extensive-enhancements-to-norwegian-joy

image.png.fa7ace5fc912d8752bb10fc146b8c032.png

Below zoomed in on dining room...

image.png.1aea026bdbed325fd9f3ecb120ed8abf.png

Those same renderings before refurb are on NCL.com for the Joy deck plans and cabins. https://www.ncl.com/ca/en/cruise-ship/joy/staterooms/balcony

1920x1042Haven-Suite-dining_01252024.jpg

1920x1042Haven-Suite-living_01252024.jpg

image.png

Edited by floatplan

Posted (edited)

I saw your your YT post on the other topic. At first I thought they just inserted the photo into the video. But I just watched it again full screen and it looks like a real video of the room. All the other shots in that video have the same look and are obviously real with some people. Thanks!

Here's a capture at 1:24

image.thumb.png.0dda7457fe60a3a29bc0c85c71f2888c.png

Edit: on the CruiseNonStop website 3/9/24 trip report the below POS picture has a title that says "(Image courtesy of NCL)". Several other photos around the Haven do not have that note.

The Livining room within the Premier Owners Suite on the Norwegian Joy

Edited by floatplan
Note (Image courtesy of NCL)

• 3 weeks later...