New to River Cruising...couple silly questions.

Reba 954

We are booking our first river cruise with Ama and there are a couple concerns I have.  Is there a mini fridge?  Do you actually have a room steward that comes in everyday like on Ocean cruises?  Can you get ice in your room?  We like to bring a little bourbon and would love to have ice, plus I like the occasional soda, and figured I'd buy a few in each port.  That is allowed right?  Wine too?  Thanks in advance for any insight!

Posted (edited)

Not sure about Ama but Tauck and Uniworld have mini fridges that are restocked daily. You may possibly even request the bourbon be stocked.  Room stewards everyday and they can get ice for you.

Edit:  Now that I check their website there’s no mention of mini-fridges even for the suites and in looking at the stateroom photos, no ice buckets in sight.  But of course you can always pick up a drink in the bar….

Edited by Gourmet Gal

I'm sure you can get your own ice and, unlike ocean cruises, AMA doesn't care what you "sneak" onboard.  As I recall, they have a daily happy hour where drinks are free for an hour so that might be all you need.  Yes, someone will certainly come in daily to clean and make your bed.

Yes. Mini Fridge.

Yes, room steward takes care of your room

Yes, you can get ice. I don't recall about other ships, but AmaMagna has an Ice Machine in the cabin hall you can get your own.

Yes, as mentioned by others you can bring your own alcohol or other drinks on board. 

AMA Lucia had a refrigerator in the stateroom as well as an ice machine near the reception desk and ice bucket in the room. or simply ask your room steward to make sure you have ice each afternoon.