Hideaway adult beach at COco Cay worth it?

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Happy that you found it worth $20. What ships were in port? Agree that the food choices were seriously lacking for a paid venue. Had we been able to find seating by the pool we might have stayed, but the chair hogs beat us to them all. If they took out half of the beach chairs and umbrellas so you could actually enjoy a view, we might have stayed. Unfortunately they don’t seem to think that way. For them it’s all about the Benjamin’s $$, not about their paying guests.

Only one other ship in port. I was on the Vision and I remembered looking on a port website ahead of time and figured our total capacity with the other ship was about 9000 passengers max. I believe it was the Allure of the Seas because of all of the slides. All of the Coco Cay prices were much lower, less than half, for almost anything so I guess demand was not high. This made sense because we were on Coco Cay the week AFTER Easter week when most students would be back in school.

Cannot argue about the chairs and umbrellas blocking the view if you are not in the front rows. We spent time in the regular heated pool which had a nice view OVER the umbrellas.

Edited by Engineroom Snipe
typo
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

I will add, it depends on what you are looking for.  We were at hideaway last week with two ships docked and it was definitely crowded and the umbrellas do obstruct what could be a really nice view. We got it for about $28/pp.  I found it to be a lot louder than expected and had an adult spring break feel (older people trying to re-live their youthful days).  We were sitting between the pool (DJ) and one of the bars (live singer/band), so it could have just been where I was sitting.  Never made it over to the pool, but the protected cove was nice.  The food was o'k, but as others said it was limited, athough the funnel cake and brownie were both really good .  We have also done nothing (free), where we found lounge chairs in the shade near a bar, which was relatively quiet and suited us just fine (can't beat free!).  We have also done the Beach Club (around $90/pp).  We both thought that if we could get the beach club at that price, it was definitely worth the $60/pp+ more than hideaway.  The lunch menu was much better and it was comparatively quiet with way fewer people (probably not even 1/2 full with Oasis and Freedom class docked).  A completely different ambiance than at hideaway.  Again, it just depends on what you are looking for.  As our children are grown, we have never been around any of the water slides, etc.

Edited by The Scurvy Pirate
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, The Scurvy Pirate said:

As our children are grown, we have never been around any of the water slides, etc.

My kids are in their 30s but I love the waterpark at Coco Cay. We usually spend most of our time at South Beach and the floating bar, but we have done the water park I think 8 times in the 30 plus times I have been to the updated Coco Cay. 

• Haha 1

Good grief, that's a crowded looking setup!  Hadn't really looked at any pics of Hideaway Beach before, but I had imagined a more spaced out and relaxing area.  I'd probably kill myself trying to get in and out of those loungers that seem to be set up about an inch or two apart. 😲

2 hours ago, Vagabond Knight said:

Good grief, that's a crowded looking setup!  Hadn't really looked at any pics of Hideaway Beach before, but I had imagined a more spaced out and relaxing area.  I'd probably kill myself trying to get in and out of those loungers that seem to be set up about an inch or two apart. 😲

I like South Beach. Very quiet and peaceful.

• Like 2