Hideaway adult beach at COco Cay worth it?

Thinking about getting day passes for the hideaway adult beach but I am wondering what is so special about it?  Is it that different from other beach areas of the island?

Is it worth the money?

Asking for your opinions.

Please and thank you.

I only paid like 24 dollars per person when I went back in February. For that price I deff thought it was worth it, the heated pool was amazing bc it wasn't too hot out. The food was good too.. Now for my upcoming symphony cruises it's like 55 a person, I don't think I am going to pay that much. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jfio1021 said:

I only paid like 24 dollars per person when I went back in February. For that price I deff thought it was worth it, the heated pool was amazing bc it wasn't too hot out. The food was good too.. Now for my upcoming symphony cruises it's like 55 a person, I don't think I am going to pay that much. 

Pricing for Hideaway seems to be all over the place. On my upcoming Wonder sailing I got it for $19/pp. 

• Like 2

I did not utilize Hideaway. I would just say for those trying to decide, don't make your decision based solely on, maybe, better food. The regular food on Coco Cay is actually good. Don't extrapolate from possible past experiences at Labadee.

• Like 2

Worth is such a subjective thing. There is not a set answer. 

For me, on my upcoming cruise in June, I bought 2 tickets for Hideaway because I wanted to check out what they had new. Once me & the wife have been, we will then decide if its something we want to do in the future and how much money we would spend on it. 

From watching videos, I will enjoy the adults only aspect but I dont think the DJ music and party vibe around the pool from what in being reported is not something I would really enjoy. But I want to check it out for myself and since I got tickets around $35/person, I think it warrants me to check it out. 

1 hour ago, UNCFanatik said:

Worth is such a subjective thing. There is not a set answer. 

For me, on my upcoming cruise in June, I bought 2 tickets for Hideaway because I wanted to check out what they had new. Once me & the wife have been, we will then decide if its something we want to do in the future and how much money we would spend on it. 

From watching videos, I will enjoy the adults only aspect but I dont think the DJ music and party vibe around the pool from what in being reported is not something I would really enjoy. But I want to check it out for myself and since I got tickets around $35/person, I think it warrants me to check it out. 

If you find that Hideaway doesn't suit your needs for whatever reason, I would recommend you try South Beach. It is further away from the dock area. I found it very quiet and not really an area that would be an attraction for kids. 

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

If you find that Hideaway doesn't suit your needs for whatever reason, I would recommend you try South Beach. It is further away from the dock area. I found it very quiet and not really an area that would be an attraction for kids. 

Yes, we love South Beach. This will be our 5th time to Coco Cay and South Beach is usually our go to. One day, I would like to try the Beach Club as well but that has to be at a price I am willing to pay.

• Like 1

Absolutely loved it and from the time the ship opened until late morning it was so peaceful.  Not wanting to seem like a grumpy old man as I've had children that age, but the lack of children laughing, screaming, playing etc was both weird and welcome for the serenity. Would definitely pay again to go to Hideaway especially if on the lower end of the dynamic pricing scale.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, bajathree said:

Pricing for Hideaway seems to be all over the place. On my upcoming Wonder sailing I got it for $19/pp. 

Wildly inconsistent:

We have Hideaway booked three times this year (all on Adventure of the Seas):

4/20 sailing - $22/pp (Allure is also there with us)

7/5 sailing - $55/pp (Icon is there with us)

9/27 sailing - $35/pp (Icon is there with us)

We will decide whether the last two cruise reservations will get cancelled or kept based on what we experience next month.😇

Edited by orville99
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, chfenton said:

Absolutely loved it and from the time the ship opened until late morning it was so peaceful.  Not wanting to seem like a grumpy old man as I've had children that age, but the lack of children laughing, screaming, playing etc was both weird and welcome for the serenity. Would definitely pay again to go to Hideaway especially if on the lower end of the dynamic pricing scale.

understand what you are saying about lack of kids , but in my opinion referring to Hideaway as "Serene" would definitely be misleading ! 

Also with others referencing the food . I think that is where RCI could have done so much better and made this much more attractive had they put some real 'upscale' options in there

JMHO

Cheers

• Like 1

8 hours ago, chfenton said:

And I really appreciated your detailed review.

We were at Coco Cay yesterday. And we went to Hideaway Beach. I really liked it. I would buy a day pass again depending on price and time of year. 

this is a spring break cruise. And there are lots and lots of children on board. We actually found Hideaway Beach to be relatively uncrowded. We feel that’s because there are so many parents and grandparents at the water park or elsewhere with their children. 

The pool was good and the food was better. There was very much a party atmosphere. They even had a couple of girls going around with bottles of champagne attached to triggers, and they shot champagne into peoples’ mouth people. It was not my thing, but it was very popular. They had perfect aim and we’re never closer than a foot to a person so it was sanitary.

IMG_6229.thumb.jpeg.f8125bcacc83acaee16e436c7354e1c9.jpeg

IMG_6231.thumb.jpeg.7a6ec5d38eebf3a80cb8ae081e1bfe18.jpeg

IMG_6233.thumb.jpeg.c8a66152de2b810e020cc05b6e6c3e20.jpeg

cabana area 

IMG_6236.thumb.jpeg.519a0c1796f12f59fde4aab05c41dabb.jpeg

IMG_6235.thumb.jpeg.7893cf19df41fa16177b13e53e0b8ab2.jpeg

• Like 4

I got it for $22 and would do it again for that price but not more than $30. I didn't find the food to be more upscale than anywhere else on the island but YMMV. I wish I had been feeling better that day so I could have checked the area out more. For that reason, I'll probably book again for the price I cited.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, LobsterStalker said:

understand what you are saying about lack of kids , but in my opinion referring to Hideaway as "Serene" would definitely be misleading ! 

Also with others referencing the food . I think that is where RCI could have done so much better and made this much more attractive had they put some real 'upscale' options in there

JMHO

Cheers

Not trying to mislead - as I mentioned in my first sentence the peacefulness/serenity applied to my date from approx 8:30 to 11 am and I would still use those words for that time frame.  Obviously when music/DJ starts and the crowds get bigger the peace and serenity wains.

$55 pp for my 9/1 sailing on Symphony. Kids SHOULD be back at school so thinking we will roll the dice at South Beach. I will monitor price and if it goes down below $25 or so will reconsider.

What happens if you prebook and it is a bad weather day? Something to consider!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NRWPA said:

I got it for $22 and would do it again for that price but not more than $30. I didn't find the food to be more upscale than anywhere else on the island but YMMV. I wish I had been feeling better that day so I could have checked the area out more. For that reason, I'll probably book again for the price I cited.

$22?? It’s going for $65 USD for our sailing 🥴

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, Nickles76 said:

$22?? It’s going for $65 USD for our sailing 🥴

Sorry, it was $25, not $22. I just went there this week. 

Edited by NRWPA
corrected

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/28/2024 at 11:21 AM, orville99 said:

Wildly inconsistent:

We have Hideaway booked three times this year (all on Adventure of the Seas):

4/20 sailing - $22/pp (Allure is also there with us)

7/5 sailing - $55/pp (Icon is there with us)

9/27 sailing - $35/pp (Icon is there with us)

We will decide whether the last two cruise reservations will get cancelled or kept based on what we experience next month.😇

Just a quick follow up.

we were at hideaway bay yesterday. Got there at 9 AM and stayed all of an hour before we gave up and went to the main pool. No loungers anywhere around the pool, but the number of loungers with towels on them more than twice the total number of people in or around the pool. Then went over to the beach area by the food outlet. So many chairs and umbrellas that you couldn’t even see the lagoon. Complete waste of time, but only wasted $26. Cancelled all our other reservations as soon as we got back on board. YMMV.

• Thanks 1

We are down to $34.00 for each of us for the end of May. Will be memorial day weekend.  Hopefully the  cruise will not be too crowded.  Keep waiting for the price to dip a bit more. But happy with the price we are at.

20 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Just a quick follow up.

we were at hideaway bay yesterday. Got there at 9 AM and stayed all of an hour before we gave up and went to the main pool. No loungers anywhere around the pool, but the number of loungers with towels on them more than twice the total number of people in or around the pool. Then went over to the beach area by the food outlet. So many chairs and umbrellas that you couldn’t even see the lagoon. Complete waste of time, but only wasted $26. Cancelled all our other reservations as soon as we got back on board. YMMV.

On Hideaway Bay on April 9 this month. We were one of two ships there and we were off-boarded

second.

Looked over the side until we saw passengers moving off the ship and then hit the gangway at about around 8:30am. We were seated by 9:05am and at the the time, had the pick of the entire place. Did not fill up until around 10:30am. We stayed until 4pm for a 4:30pm all aboard time.

The highlight was the heated pool since the day started windy and cool. By lunch it was very nice but not many people in the protected ocean area. The DJ seemed to study his crowd and had music that was lively but not too loud. You could have a conversation in the pool area.

The large inflatable beach balls seem to really entertain the pool crowd but you could find a quiet place in the pool away from the action easily.

Waiting lines for food and drinks were minimal all day.

The food selection was somewhat bare minimum. The coconut shrimp was the exception, freshly fried and larger than I expected served with very fresh French Fries. Nothing seemed pre-cooked as they were almost too hot to eat right away. Five of them would fill a normal person who was not extremely hungry. The shrimp dip had pineapple in it which complimented the coconut shrimp flavor.

I only paid $19 per person and except for the heated pool, I could do without it. For us it will be dependent on the time of year we go. If you are going during the warmer months, I would stick to the no charge areas and have a better food selection.

Just my humble OPINION.

9 minutes ago, Engineroom Snipe said:

We were one of two ships there and we were off-boarded

Happy that you found it worth $20. What ships were in port? Agree that the food choices were seriously lacking for a paid venue. Had we been able to find seating by the pool we might have stayed, but the chair hogs beat us to them all. If they took out half of the beach chairs and umbrellas so you could actually enjoy a view, we might have stayed. Unfortunately they don’t seem to think that way. For them it’s all about the Benjamin’s $$, not about their paying guests.