Anyone contacted/rang Southampton to request an upgrade?

Hi, am sailing in a weeks time, I entered the bidding system and it has been accepted which I have agreed to and paid for.  My original cabin was aft and the new cabin (although better looking is way far forward) now in retrospect I'm beginning to regret what I have done and wish to get back to the aft near the laundry etc. I am on the point of ringing Southampton to see if I can amend the booking again.  My question is, has anyone had any dealings with Southampton in a similar situation? Or has anyone accepted a bid offer and then tried to change it again? Thanks in advance cruisers😊

4 minutes ago, thistle0412 said:

Hi, am sailing in a weeks time, I entered the bidding system and it has been accepted which I have agreed to and paid for.  My original cabin was aft and the new cabin (although better looking is way far forward) now in retrospect I'm beginning to regret what I have done and wish to get back to the aft near the laundry etc. I am on the point of ringing Southampton to see if I can amend the booking again.  My question is, has anyone had any dealings with Southampton in a similar situation? Or has anyone accepted a bid offer and then tried to change it again? Thanks in advance cruisers😊

Not in the UK, but is there a cabin available in the same category of your UG, that you may prefer?  If so, you may be able to change to another cabin, if it’s available in the same category.

I’d look at what is available first and then ring them.

• Like 1

Guest Snaxmuppet

Did you book with a travel agent or direct to Princess. If with a TA call them and see if they can get your old cabin back, or something similar. If you booked direct then I suspect you will have to accept your new cabin. You could always go to guest services once on board and ask there. Stranger things have happened at sea!!!! 🙂 

Guest Snaxmuppet
11 minutes ago, thistle0412 said:

Booked myself, I'm going to ring them and ask if they can find me something in aft. Dunno if I'll get anyone it being Easter weekend but I'll give it a go.  

I assume you mean you booked direct with Princess. Good luck with that 🙂 

Yes, I'm just gearing up to work out what I'm going to say to them if I can get through. Been watching you tube and the distance to the lifts from the cabin I'm in is a long way.  I'm so far forward at mo I may aswell get Leo D'Caprio to make me fly 😃

• Haha 2

Guest Snaxmuppet
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Is there a Princess office in Southampton?

There is the Carnival UK head office (Carnival Cruise Lines owns Princess)  but I don't think there is a customer service for Princess there. You will have to call the help line and speak to someone at the call centre I expect.

Edited by Snaxmuppet

Guest Snaxmuppet
4 minutes ago, thistle0412 said:

Yes, I'm just gearing up to work out what I'm going to say to them if I can get through. Been watching you tube and the distance to the lifts from the cabin I'm in is a long way.  I'm so far forward at mo I may aswell get Leo D'Caprio to make me fly 😃

Perhaps you should have considered that before bidding... just saying 🙂 

Best of luck to you.

I can't imagine Princess allowing you to go back to your original cabin. It would be a nightmare for them if everyone that didn't get the location they like wanted to go back.

• Like 2

I'm only trying to get nearer the lifts as since I put my bid in I've managed to get sciatica and am hobbling everywhere, hopefully they might take pity, happy days.I'll give it a go.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thistle0412 said:

I'm only trying to get nearer the lifts as since I put my bid in I've managed to get sciatica and am hobbling everywhere, hopefully they might take pity, happy days.I'll give it a go.

Let us know.  Best of luck.

5 hours ago, thistle0412 said:

Hi thanks for your reply but as the ship is marked as sold out I can't access available cabins. It's more or less dealing with Southampton and their attitude.

If the ship is sold out and there are no cabins available, what do you expect Princess to be able to do for you?

Your original cabin has now been booked by someone else or has filled by an upgrade.  Should they kick that person out of that cabin because you didn't cancel your upgrade bid after you were diagnosed with a condition that makes walking painful, at which point you shouldn't have taken a chance on getting assigned a cabin far from an elevator?

2 hours ago, thistle0412 said:

Nothing ventured nothing gained.    Good luck.