Hacienda Tequila store at the Port of Cozumel - BUYER BEWARE

wallysdtr

We were shopping at the port of Cozumel in February and purchased what we thought was Blue Agave Tequila from Hacienda Tequila from one of the open tasting stores.  Price was agreed and paid for the Blue Agave.  The salesperson wrapped the 3 bottles not in front of my husband (I was in another shop).  We didn't unwrap the package until we got home about a week later.  Unfortunately for us but not for Hacienda Tequila, it appears we were given Reposada that we could have purchased for $50.  We Paid $150.  Our credit card company could not help us because the receipt only indicated Tequila and could not do anything more.   Very disappointed that the sales person chose to be dishonest in his dealing with us.     We will NEVER purchase anything at the port of Cozumel from Hacienda Tequila.  They have 3X the money that they should have received.   I would ask that any person shopping there, please be aware that the bait and switch can happen.     We did write a review on Yelp and will get in touch with the company - if we can.  I love Cozumel and am very disappointed in the dishonesty of the person that we had purchased from (in good faith).  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2024 at 2:34 PM, wallysdtr said:

We were shopping at the port of Cozumel in February and purchased what we thought was Blue Agave Tequila from Hacienda Tequila from one of the open tasting stores.  Price was agreed and paid for the Blue Agave.  The salesperson wrapped the 3 bottles not in front of my husband (I was in another shop).  We didn't unwrap the package until we got home about a week later.  Unfortunately for us but not for Hacienda Tequila, it appears we were given Reposada that we could have purchased for $50.  We Paid $150.  Our credit card company could not help us because the receipt only indicated Tequila and could not do anything more.   Very disappointed that the sales person chose to be dishonest in his dealing with us.     We will NEVER purchase anything at the port of Cozumel from Hacienda Tequila.  They have 3X the money that they should have received.   I would ask that any person shopping there, please be aware that the bait and switch can happen.     We did write a review on Yelp and will get in touch with the company - if we can.  I love Cozumel and am very disappointed in the dishonesty of the person that we had purchased from (in good faith).  

I wish I’d seen your post.     

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/3003603-warning-cozumel/#comment-67253991

On 4/2/2024 at 6:57 AM, crewsweeper said:

Which pier were you at?

It's been nearly three weeks and the OP has not responded to your question but I too would like to know. Melandria's experience was at Langosta and I'm not familiar with Hacienda Tequila in the Puerta Maya or International port areas.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, joepeka said:

It's been nearly three weeks and the OP has not responded to your question but I too would like to know. Melandria's experience was at Langosta and I'm not familiar with Hacienda Tequila in the Puerta Maya or International port areas.

@Melandria was at Cruz tequila according to receipt.

I find it confusing that the shops seem to have the names of tequila brands and multiple locations. Mi Mexico Lindo is another one but I have to wonder if they are all affiliated?

I am not familiar enough with tequila to know the system just that there have always been reports like this for as long as I have been visiting Cozumel.

• Like 2