Some Q's .. Navigator OTS, and the PV port

Hello everyone.  I am eager to cruise again.

Very quick background.. I have cruised 2x before (both sailings were on HAL).  Once in 2022, once in 2023.  I am a solo cruiser.  None of this may matter at all. 

Okay, I have been looking at a lot of cruises that include PV.  I am assuming I have the correct abbreviation for Puerto Vallarta.  I have searched cruises .. ones on HAL, ones on RCL, etc, etc.  I am leaning (somewhat) towards RCL, because it looks like the ship will stay in port one hour later in the evening as compared to HAL. 

The possible cruise I am eyeing is one NAV OTS in Oct, 2024.  So, here are a few questions, please. 

I am fine with an inside cabin.  I cannot recall if NAV OTS has solo cabins.  If, not... can you folks recommend a deck that will limit noise pollution?

Okay, the buffet on this ship... is fresh-cut pineapple available?  Is it often available, or just at certain meals.  And, would I find it elsewhere on the ship, besides the buffet.  Love fresh cut fruit!

Alright, and here is a question that has be scratching my noggin.  I called RCL, 3 days ago & made an inquiry.  I used the phone # that appears on the official RCL website for booking.  And, what i got was "this".....   Since I have cruised before, I understand that ships will typically have a TIME FOR ALL ABOARD.  And, have a TIME FOR THE SHIP TO SAIL AWAY FROM THE PORT.  So, what is important to me... is knowing the specifics of PV.  The website says, the ship leaves at 6pm.  I asked the agent at RCL, are "you able to tell me the all aboard time for this ship at this port on this sailing?".  She said to me (not once, but twice).. "The time is 6pm, so you must be aboard the ship at 6pm, because the ship sails at 6pm".  I paused..., and, thought to myself -- these have to be separate times.  (( Like, when you board an aircraft right!?!?!?!?! )).  Umm, I mean... am I right here?

The purpose of this specific question.. relates to my dinner (or, late afternoon dining) I would like to complete in PV while on vacation.  Sorry, for all of my typing.  Could someone please weigh-in on this for me.  Has anyone sailed to PV on RCL lately? 

Thank you so very much for letting me type a lot. 

-----MisterMatthew

Posted (edited)

No solo cabins on Navigator, unless they added some during the AMP.

All aboard time is typically 1/2 hour prior to the scheduled sail away time.  To be safe, I'd recommend 1 hour prior.

Edited by Another_Critic

We have sailed to Puerto Vallarta a few times on the Navigator.  It is a great cruise ship and I am sure that you will enjoy it.  There is plenty of fresh cut fruit(including pineapple) at the Windjammer for every meal.

Usually all aboard for a port stop is 30 minutes prior to sailaway. Things can change due to weather or other circumstances.    All aboard from departure port is usually 90 minutes before sailaway.  Hope this helps. 

15 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

No solo cabins on Navigator, unless they added some during the AMP.

All aboard time is typically 1/2 hour prior to the scheduled sail away time.  To be safe, I'd recommend 1 hour prior.

Another_C...

Thank you for the quick response, I do appreciate that.  Okay, 1/2 hour before.  Got it.

---MisterMatthew

14 minutes ago, Tlbecker1 said:

We have sailed to Puerto Vallarta a few times on the Navigator.  It is a great cruise ship and I am sure that you will enjoy it.  There is plenty of fresh cut fruit(including pineapple) at the Windjammer for every meal.

T-Becker-1...

Wonderful to hear.  Thank you ma'am, or sir.

---MisterMatthew

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

Usually all aboard for a port stop is 30 minutes prior to sailaway. Things can change due to weather or other circumstances.    All aboard from departure port is usually 90 minutes before sailaway.  Hope this helps. 

NJcruze...

Okay, thank you.  Yeah, I guess I had a phone agent that just did not understand the industry.  :::: Whew!

---MisterMatthew

Just now, MisterMatthew said:

Yeah, I guess I had a phone agent that just did not understand the industry. 

You are more likely to get a correct answer here and perhaps quicker than with an RCI CSR via phone.

2 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

You are more likely to get a correct answer here and perhaps quicker than with an RCI CSR via phone.

I think you are correct on that, Biker.  Thanks.

Wow, you have a huge number of posts.  My guess is that you're a guru on RCL!

----MisterMatthew