Just my opinion

Don't forget folks, this is just my opinion. Lately with all the bad things that have been happening within our glorious cruise world, we seem to be on edge. It seems that just about everyone is grasping at straws and /or voicing their difference of opinion to lash out at one another. Is it fear? Is it frustration? I have no idea. I do know this: when things are going good and everyone is happy, cruising is what it should be - a holiday- a fun time - truly magical. Please lets not lose sight of this, our most favorite pastime. Who's with me on calling a truce to the outcome of the unknown? - We could still argue about what ship is best! :)

I'm with you!! I love cruising, which is why I'm here. I, like many others, sometimes get caught up in the negativity, but I think we're all here to get tips and info about our vacations. Why on earth should we be anything but happy about going on vacation???

Don't forget folks, this is just my opinion. Lately with all the bad things that have been happening within our glorious cruise world, we seem to be on edge. It seems that just about everyone is grasping at straws and /or voicing their difference of opinion to lash out at one another. Is it fear? Is it frustration? I have no idea. I do know this: when things are going good and everyone is happy, cruising is what it should be - a holiday- a fun time - truly magical. Please lets not lose sight of this, our most favorite pastime. Who's with me on calling a truce to the outcome of the unknown? - We could still argue about what ship is best! :)

BRAVO for saying it on here. ;) You are 100% correct and it should stop. Non of us should be the judge and jury on how and why things have happened.

OK, Best ship/ships. The Adventure and the Empress. ;)

Well, you know what they say, you always remember your first, so my favorite (and only experience so far) was on the Grandeur. I will never forget driving into the Baltimore port last summer and seeing the ship at dock. I was in awe that I would actually be boarding that ship in a matter of minutes...... and literally, the boarding process was just so fast.

And then getting on my first cruise ship, ever, was such an extraordinary experience. I think I became a committed cruiser the minute I saw the ship. And, sure enough, I got home and booked our next cruise. My motto is "If you've never been a cruise, you've never been on vacation." My friends think I am crazy, but I am trying to get them to come along and see for themselves,

I don't care about chair hogs, people who don't dress to suggested dress code, people who smoke, people who don't smoke, etc., etc.

We go to enjoy, relax and HAVE A GREAT TIME ON A GREAT SHIP.

Lately with all the bad things that have been happening within our glorious cruise world, we seem to be on edge. It seems that just about everyone is grasping at straws and /or voicing their difference of opinion to lash out at one another. Is it fear? Is it frustration?

Let's face it...life's a crap shoot. Anyone of us could get run over by a school bus tomorrow morning. The only way to guarantee that nothing will ever happen is to never do anything - and I don't think that's any kind of life. Remember - Columbus took a chance! (ok - so he was looking for China and ended up in San Juan - he still got out there!);)

well said. I'm just going to stick to the threads where I can learn all that I will be experiencing on my first cruise!

I'm with all of you. Truce indeed. Life is a risk, and for the most part, we all do a fair job at handling her. :) Make each day count. We're only on this planet for a short time. There's so much I want to do yet and all we can do is plan for tomorrow but when it's all said and done, we will only be able to look back at the things we did... and I plan on doing as much as I can! :) Don't sweat the small stuff and everything is small stuff...

Since my "first cruise" in 10 years is on the Rhapsody this Oct. I'll vote for her. I'm already having a blast...

Life is way to short, to be so nasty to each other. All this recent tragedy has put a fire under our bottoms. Instead of putting it out, we all seem to keep feeding it. This should be a time of mourning for the losses of our cruising family. A friend of mine sent me an e-mail about the fire on Princess and said that is what scares/worries him about taking a cruise. I've been talking to him for months trying to get him to try atleast one. I mailed him back saying,"Yeah, I know,but it's not going to keep me from sailing!". I also told him,"I live for today, as tomorrow may never come!" So, I will live life to the fullest today, and worry about tomorrow when and if it comes. I'm glad to see a positive thread where I can get away from the negativity that has plugged the boards for several days. It has been a little frustrating to come and talk to people on my roll call and other threads I post on frequently. So, kudos to you above sea level, for sharing your opinion. It was definately needed!;)

BTW- My favorite ship is Brilliance. Only my second ship, but my choice for now. As you can see, I'm sailing her again this November. May everyone enjoy their lives and travels as much as I am right now!!!

CC'er Andros/Tony

I wasn't really involved in the fray, but I will happily endorse the truce! When something scary or worrisome happens, it does help to rehash it endlessly sometimes. I have no issue with the number of threads present. However, the tone of some of the posts are derisive and cruel. I think we all learned long ago in pre-school and kindergarten that there is no such thing as a wrong opinion. Being in disagreement with someone does not give you the right to be a "donkey" about it, and be harsh and rude. I doubt most of these folks would speak to a neighbor or co-worker with the venom they have been mustering here (for those who would, well, they are another problem). I wish people would remember the idea behind these boards, the common ground we do share, and reflect that spirit of community in their posts. They don't have to agree, but they should at least be civil in their debates.

Those are my thoughts on that. As for the ship, my signature says it all. I love the Adventure.

Just some thoughts, I like #27 :p

30 Lines to Make You Smile

1.. My husband and I divorced over religious differences. He thought he was God and I didn't.

2.. I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.

3.. I Work Hard Because Millions On Welfare Depend on Me!

4.. Some people are alive only because it's illegal to kill them.

5.. I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.

6.. Don't take life too seriously; no one gets out alive.

7.. You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me.

8.. Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

9.. Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.

10.. I'm not a complete idiot -- Some parts are missing.

11.. Out of my mind. Back in five minutes.

12. NyQuil, the stuffy, sneezy, why-the-heck-is-the-room-spinning medicine.

13.. God must love stupid people; He made so many.

14.. The gene pool could use a little chlorine.

15.. Consciousness: That annoying time between naps.

16.. Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?

17.. Being "over the hill" is much better than being under it!

18.. Wrinkled Was Not One of the Things I Wanted to Be When I Grew up.

19.. Procrastinate Now!

20.. I Have a Degree in Liberal Arts; Do You Want Fries With That?

21.. A hangover is the wrath of grapes.

22.. A journey of a thousand miles begins with a cash advance

23.. Stupidity is not a handicap. Park elsewhere!

24..They call it PMS because MadCow Disease was already taken.

25..He who dies with the most toys is nonetheless dead.

26..A picture is worth a thousand words, but it uses up three thousand times the memory.

27..Ham and eggs. A day's work for a chicken, a lifetime commitment for a pig.

28.. The trouble with life is there's no background music.

29.. The original point and click interface was a Smith and Wesson.

30.. I smile because I don't know what the hell is going on.

I agree....and I give you applause for stating what most of us have been thinking but just never said it. :)

I will be gratefull for our 14 dy Hawaii cruise on the Radiance and no matter what little things may come up or happen, I will deal with it and be blessed that I am with my DH.

Now as for my favorite ship it's a tie between Navigator and Radiance.....been on each only once, our Hawaii cruise will be second time on Radiance...so the way I figure it I will need to do one more time on the Navigator, you know just to be sure and to compare which one I like best. :D :D

Do you think my DH will buy that one???? :eek:

We are going on our FIRST cruise at the end of April my travel agent booked us on a transatlantic cruise on the Jewel of the Seas, don't know what to expect or whether it's a good ship or cruise line.

We have already booked a cruise for next year a transpacific on the Sapphire - don't know what cruise line it is but looks like a very similar ship to the Jewel.

As for Cruise critic - very interesting and I find I'm spending a lot of time here even at work!

But one of the things I'm a little puzzled by is the Cruise Critic lingo - why do people use DH, DW DIY etc??? I'm catching on now but why can't people just spell out- "your husband" or "your wife", etc :)

ArizonaCruiser, your 14 day cruise is still going to Kauai, but they have unfortunately dropped Kauai as a port stop from all of the 11 night itineraries. We are spending an extra night parked in Honolulu instead. We are bummed. :(

No windows unless you went up to Ellingtons. We were on Mariner. No views of the ocean. Artificial simulated daytime lighting in phony town in the center of the ship. (sort of like Las Vegas). Too many kids. Scaled down venues....tiny schooner bar, tiny boleros. Ship design seems to draw you into the ship not outwards. Probably a great design for families. It seems like they tried to shove as many features as possible onto them. Just my opinion.:D

We really like the glass and windows on the Radiance class of RCCL ships and the elegant, full size venues.

My favorite ship is the Grandeur .No ,maybe it was the Radiance, wait a minute defininetly the Enchantment ,No it was the oh he-- I can't decide guess I'll have to try the Voyager in April then I'll know for sure,boy just too tough a question for me.

Archived