Wonder of Seas

Hello to all. Looking for advice. We just booked this cruise for June 2nd. We have never done my time dining. How does it work?  How do we reserve show times? Are they on the app or where do we go when we get on board to book the shows? When are good times to do the slides and zip lines? Any reservations needed? Also any suggestions for Honduras and Costa Maya. Thank you so much. 

Posted (edited)

Hey, I’m on that sailing. I was just on Wonder a few weeks ago for the 2nd time. Love the ship.

Show reservations traditionally open up online (I prefer the website to the app) early in the month before your sailing month (so early May in this case). However, some people have recently reported being able to make reservations even earlier for some ships so just keep an eye out. You can also check the roll call…

I have a general idea of how MTD works but I’ll let someone else take that one as we always choose traditional dining.

Someone else will also have to help with slide & zip line advice. I can tell you no reservations are needed but we don’t do them so I couldn’t tell ya when they’re least crowded.

Check the port of call forums for Roatan & Costa Maya excursion suggestions.

Sorry that wasn’t more helpful. This will be my 3rd time on Wonder & we’ve been on quite a few Oasis class cruises; you just happened to ask about stuff we don’t do. 

If you have any other questions about the ship, feel free to ask here or in the roll call.

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Thanks 1

I'm on this sailing as well! 

I've also never done my time dining, so can't speak to that I'm afraid. 

You don't need reservations for the slides or zipline. We were just on the Mariner and did the slides as soon as they opened on boarding day. It was nice to do those while folks were still getting on the ship.

About a monthish before sailing the daily schedules will populate in the app. You can glance through to see when these open each day and see if that might be a good time to stop by then (ie, no other must-do activity happening at the same time).

That's also when you can book reservations for the shows! 

In Roatan, I booked a private tour with Victor Bodden. He had lots of good reviews in the Roatan board.

In Costa Maya, we'll only be there until 2pm so we're just going to stay at the port and hang out at one of the pools, probably the one near the exit as it's quieter. We'll be the only ship there so it should be a nice day and not too crowded! (I was there on Mariner with Icon and Enchantment and it was pretty busy). When we were there we also visited the Aviary which was cool. I also got a massage at the spa in the port area and it was great! 

• Thanks 1

We were on the Wonder in February and had an amazing time. It’s a fantastic ship! We did specialty dining so unfortunately I can’t help with MTD.

On Roatan we did the Jolly Roger Catamaran and Snorkel. All 5 of us had a great time. On Costa Maya we did the Donut Boats and it was a blast. Nice boat ride and barbecue with drinks and then open bar and beach until it was time to head back to the boat. Really friendly staff. Both excursions were thru the ship. 

• Thanks 1

We do MTD at all the cruises we've been to... I usually plan around the shows. So if we have a show at 9pm or 10pm, we usually reserve a time that works for that so like 6-7pm... gives us plenty of time to eat slowly and enjoy dinner. I recommend making the MTD dining reservations as soon as you can so you can get good times. When you get to the MDR (there's a deck just for MTD), there is usually 2 lines, one for people with reservations and another with people without. Yes you can still eat in the MDR if you don't have a reservation but sometimes it takes a while for them to seat you. Keep in mind, sometimes you'll see the line for people with reservations is longer than the ones without but keep in mind the line with reservations will move pretty quickly. We just got off the Odyssey and I had MTD with reservations and even though the line was pretty long, we didn't wait more than 5-10 minutes to get seated. As opposed to those without a reservation ,they were waiting 15, 20 sometimes 30 mins. We love MTD because if gives us the flexibility to eat when we want to. IF we are in port, and we have to be back by 5pm, we don't have to rush to eat at 6pm. We just choose a time that is later, like 7-8pm... it just gives you the freedom to choose your own time so you can shower and get ready and not rush, especially on port days or days you have shows. But I do recommend making your MTD reservations early because times to sell out and then you have to make the no reservations line.

Posted (edited)

and yes, you can book everything (shows, dining, spa, etc...) online on the website or on the app. I did all my reservations online, I didn't have to speak with anyone.

Edited by nolegirl01

10 hours ago, Thisguylikestocruise said:

Been on Wonder twice. First time MTD was great, second cruise line was to the elevator and long wait times. Not sure why there was such a difference. 

It looked like total chaos as we were leaving the MDR after early seating last month. I wouldn't even call it a "line", it was more like a crowd that extended back to the elevators like you mentioned.

20 minutes ago, nolegirl01 said:

and yes, you can book everything (shows, dining, spa, etc...) online on the website or on the app. I did all my reservations online, I didn't have to speak with anyone.

24 minutes ago, nolegirl01 said:

We do MTD at all the cruises we've been to... I usually plan around the shows. So if we have a show at 9pm or 10pm, we usually reserve a time that works for that so like 6-7pm... gives us plenty of time to eat slowly and enjoy dinner. I recommend making the MTD dining reservations as soon as you can so you can get good times. When you get to the MDR (there's a deck just for MTD), there is usually 2 lines, one for people with reservations and another with people without. Yes you can still eat in the MDR if you don't have a reservation but sometimes it takes a while for them to seat you. Keep in mind, sometimes you'll see the line for people with reservations is longer than the ones without but keep in mind the line with reservations will move pretty quickly. We just got off the Odyssey and I had MTD with reservations and even though the line was pretty long, we didn't wait more than 5-10 minutes to get seated. As opposed to those without a reservation ,they were waiting 15, 20 sometimes 30 mins. We love MTD because if gives us the flexibility to eat when we want to. IF we are in port, and we have to be back by 5pm, we don't have to rush to eat at 6pm. We just choose a time that is later, like 7-8pm... it just gives you the freedom to choose your own time so you can shower and get ready and not rush, especially on port days or days you have shows. But I do recommend making your MTD reservations early because times to sell out and then you have to make the no reservations line.

4 minutes ago, OBRN1 said:

Thank you for the info. Where do we reserve times for MTD? 

When you first book your cruise you can select MTD or Traditional Dining. Once you select MTD and you book your cruise, you can reserve times on the app or on the website. Choose dining (like you would select specialty) and you select Main Dining Room and it'll give you the option for My Time Dining.

Here is a helpful post on it as well: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2023/02/28/how-book-my-time-dining-royal-caribbean

We normally book MTD reservations online pre-cruise. During the cruise, if we need to show up early/late around shows, we just do that (i.e., don't make a big effort to change things). In the past, the hostess has been able to seat us with the same waiter every night, so they know your routine and your drinks. 

41 minutes ago, nolegirl01 said:

When you first book your cruise you can select MTD or Traditional Dining. Once you select MTD and you book your cruise, you can reserve times on the app or on the website. Choose dining (like you would select specialty) and you select Main Dining Room and it'll give you the option for My Time Dining.

Here is a helpful post on it as well: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2023/02/28/how-book-my-time-dining-royal-caribbean

Can we reserve on ship. Only time on app is 8pm. Will they have more availability on ship?

14 minutes ago, OBRN1 said:

Can we reserve on ship. Only time on app is 8pm. Will they have more availability on ship?

You can reserve on ship but the times are the same as on the ones online so there's no need to do it in person. I would keep checking and see if something opens up, you never know, especially as you get closer to sailing. There was one night it was showing as sold out and then all of a sudden one slot opened up. Also what you can do is book the 8pm and you can show up at 7:30pm and they will still seat you. We did that a few times when we had late reservations. One time we showed up an hour before and they still sat us. At least we didnt have to wait in the no reservations line.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

It looked like total chaos as we were leaving the MDR after early seating last month. I wouldn't even call it a "line", it was more like a crowd that extended back to the elevators like you mentioned.

Yeah it was mess, there was 2 lines, we were in the reservation line. They gave us a card with a time written on it saying come back before closing. When we returned the line grew longer to the elevators.They took us downstairs where Johnny Rockets staff were trying to figure out how to help. I remained calm but others were clearly frustrated and hungry as it was getting late. This was Super Bowl cruise with a lot of families onboard from Brazil, and a lot of children overall. It was the complete opposite experience the year before, where they took us immediately to a table each night. 

• Thanks 1