Hotel in fort Lauderdale with early check in

lois1112

I'll be cruising in November.   My flight home is not until the next day so I'm looking for a reasonable hotel close to the airport, but that has things close by I can do

I'm hoping I can check in by 10am (willing to pay extra)   

would prefer something close to airport if possible

any recommendations?

Hyatt Place has an option to check in early ($) but it's based on availability and it didn't work out for us this past May. The charge was credited back to the card I used.

Great location next to the Harbor shopping center...Publix market, shops and restaurants.

Early check in is ALWAYS  a facet of availability. The hotel is not going to hold a room open from the night before just for you. And, if it is a hotel that cruisers frequent, room turnover is high. 

Any hotel will hold your luggage until your room is ready. That is the far more commonly used method. 

Then there is the phrase "reasonable ". What does that mean?

Posted (edited)

When in November?  If it is the first weekend, that is the International Boat Show (Oct 30 - Nov 30) and everything will be booked and getting a hotel room and an early check-in may be very difficult and expensive.  Then at the end of November the weekends book ending Thanksgiving week are busier and more expensive than mid-month.

In any case, if you have loyalty status with the hotel chain you chose that may help (it works for us but DH has the top level status with Hilton).  Otherwise, as @CruiserBruce says you should be able to drop off your luggage.

Edited by capriccio

On 4/11/2024 at 4:53 PM, Ashland said:

Hyatt Place has an option to check in early ($) but it's based on availability and it didn't work out for us this past May. The charge was credited back to the card I used.

Great location next to the Harbor shopping center...Publix market, shops and restaurants.

thank you

Hyatt Place has always got us in a room when there is one available. Usually 12-1 at the latest. They will hold your bags and text you when they have one ready. We head over to Duffy's sports bar for lunch and drinks. Duffy's has 2 for 1  drinks all day every day.