Free All in upgrade for 2024 sailings

I just requested a refare on a little 7 day Rome to Barcelona Wind Spirit sailing for this fall. I will lose $100 pp OBC but gain the All In package, grats, WiFi and drinks, at no additional charge. IOW my cruise fare is the same but now I have the All In.  The sale lasts thru June and seems to apply to many (if not all?) 2024 sailings. 

• Thanks 2

Yes, I saw this offer on Windstar website.  My husband and I are booked on a cruise at the end of October 2024 and were planning to purchase an All-In package for me closer to sailing date.  We purchased a somewhat expensive "cancel for any reason" insurance policy from Allianz, and that is non-refundable.  So will have to figure out calculations as to whether it makes financial sense for us to cancel and re-book with the same level of insurance coverage.  Off the top of my head, I'm thinking it won't make sense and we'll stick with our original booking.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, IpswichChris said:

We purchased a somewhat expensive "cancel for any reason" insurance policy from Allianz, and that is non-refundable.

My experience with Allianz is that policies can be rolled forward.  I've even done it to completely different trips, so there should be no problem moving it to a re-booking of the same itinerary.  [Unless it was purchased through the cruise line, which may affect the T&C]

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

My experience with Allianz is that policies can be rolled forward.  I've even done it to completely different trips, so there should be no problem moving it to a re-booking of the same itinerary.  [Unless it was purchased through the cruise line, which may affect the T&C]

That is such great info!  I thought that travel insurance was completely inflexible. I’ll call Allianz & if insurance is transferrable to a new booking, I’ll see what cabins are available if I cancel & rebook👍

On 4/15/2024 at 4:55 PM, IpswichChris said:

That is such great info!  I thought that travel insurance was completely inflexible. I’ll call Allianz & if insurance is transferrable to a new booking, I’ll see what cabins are available if I cancel & rebook👍

Whenever I need a refare like this, my Windstar consultant sends it off to corporate and then I get sent a new set of documents.  Same booking number. So there is no need to cancel and rebook. 

• Like 1

On 4/19/2024 at 8:20 AM, HaveDogWillTravel said:

Whenever I need a refare like this, my Windstar consultant sends it off to corporate and then I get sent a new set of documents.  Same booking number. So there is no need to cancel and rebook. 

Yup, that's exactly what happened...my TA called Windstar and we got the all-in packages, didn't have to cancel and re-book.  We hadn't made final payment yet and more than 180 days from sailing, so it worked😀

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IpswichChris said:

Yup, that's exactly what happened...my TA called Windstar and we got the all-in packages, didn't have to cancel and re-book.  We hadn't made final payment yet and more than 180 days from sailing, so it worked😀

That’s great!