FCC - Resetting Date

We have about $700 of FCC that we received from a cancel for any reason insurance claim for a cruise we couldn't go on due to family medical issues.  The FCC expires at the end of September and we were going to use it on the Icon OTS we have booked in September.  Unfortunately, we will not be able to go on that one either but we are looking to try again in February.  I do not want to lose the $700 if at all possible.  If I call RCL, will they extend the sail by date on the FCC?  If not, if we apply that to the Icon balance and then cancel, will they issue a new FCC for that amount with a new sail by date?

TIA

If you booked this directly or on line with RCCL, IMO your suggestion to call them is the correct plan.  I would discuss this with them in detail regarding all that you have mentioned here.  They should be able to advise as to what options you would have regarding maintaining its value.  If necessary you can ask to have the issue elevated to a supervisor during your call if there is any uncertainty regarding the answers.  If you booked through a travel agent, contact them and they can assist on your behalf with RCCL.

1 hour ago, buckeyefrank said:

We have about $700 of FCC that we received from a cancel for any reason insurance claim for a cruise we couldn't go on due to family medical issues.  The FCC expires at the end of September and we were going to use it on the Icon OTS we have booked in September.  Unfortunately, we will not be able to go on that one either but we are looking to try again in February.  I do not want to lose the $700 if at all possible.  If I call RCL, will they extend the sail by date on the FCC?  If not, if we apply that to the Icon balance and then cancel, will they issue a new FCC for that amount with a new sail by date?

TIA

In my experience they will not extend the FCC.

FCC applied to a booking that is cancelled will be reinstated with the original expiry date.

It truly is a use it or lose it

• Like 2