Please explain Addon Birthday

corinna121

We will be cruising on Azamara Journey Sept 21,2024. This will be my husband's birthday cruise. When looking at shore excursions etc. I found the Addon section which allows me to choose which day to celebrate his birthday. Questions: what will they do to celebrate his birthday? Is there an added charge for this? This is our first Azamara Cruise but we have been on many different lines. I did find the tips for Azamara newbies Excel spreadsheet to very helpful. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15Deg-GaeZYLml8NN3PVwoh_jUkQ8QmYUe1wxnVAlODE/edit#gid=0.  Any tips are very much appreciated. TIA

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, corinna121 said:

We will be cruising on Azamara Journey Sept 21,2024. This will be my husband's birthday cruise. When looking at shore excursions etc. I found the Addon section which allows me to choose which day to celebrate his birthday. Questions: what will they do to celebrate his birthday? Is there an added charge for this? This is our first Azamara Cruise but we have been on many different lines. I did find the tips for Azamara newbies Excel spreadsheet to very helpful. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15Deg-GaeZYLml8NN3PVwoh_jUkQ8QmYUe1wxnVAlODE/edit#gid=0.  Any tips are very much appreciated. TIA

They bring a small cake for dessert wherever you are dining and your cabin attendant may put up a few decorations in your cabin.  No cost.

Edited by takemewithyou
  • Like 4

I celebrated my birthday during our Journey cruise in January of this year.  We were in a CC suite and so were able to breakfast in Aqualina, where Ruby and her staff sang "Happy Birthday" to me.  I loved it.

And when we returned to our stateroom there was a birthday banner and balloons.  I felt special!  

And yes, there was the offer of a discounted bottle of beverage - the day before, we'd encountered a couple roaming the ship with their anniversary coupon, seeking the sommelier so they could select something special for their occasion.  (I was grateful, but we didn't take advantage of this offer.)

And finally, the White Night deck party happened to occur that evening.  Seriously, one of my best-ever birthdays!  I highly recommend checking the Addon box and letting the Azamara staff and crew help you celebrate your husband's birthday!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Ithikan said:

I celebrated my birthday during our Journey cruise in January of this year.  We were in a CC suite and so were able to breakfast in Aqualina, where Ruby and her staff sang "Happy Birthday" to me.  I loved it.

And when we returned to our stateroom there was a birthday banner and balloons.  I felt special!  

And yes, there was the offer of a discounted bottle of beverage - the day before, we'd encountered a couple roaming the ship with their anniversary coupon, seeking the sommelier so they could select something special for their occasion.  (I was grateful, but we didn't take advantage of this offer.)

And finally, the White Night deck party happened to occur that evening.  Seriously, one of my best-ever birthdays!  I highly recommend checking the Addon box and letting the Azamara staff and crew help you celebrate your husband's birthday!

Wow, that does sound really special. We celebrated my January 2024 birthday on board Scarlet Lady. I was impressed that when I got on and off at the port or scanned my card anywhere I was wished a Happy Birthday by a crew member, but no cake, coupons, decorations or special dining venue. Looks like we will really enjoy Azamara. I checked the proper box and the cake and decorations will be a surprise for my husband because although he knows about the cruise, I am the planner in the family!!

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, corinna121 said:

Wow, that does sound really special. We celebrated my January 2024 birthday on board Scarlet Lady. I was impressed that when I got on and off at the port or scanned my card anywhere I was wished a Happy Birthday by a crew member, but no cake, coupons, decorations or special dining venue. Looks like we will really enjoy Azamara. I checked the proper box and the cake and decorations will be a surprise for my husband because although he knows about the cruise, I am the planner in the family!!

It was fun to come back to the cabin and find the Happy Birthday banner and balloons!   

• Like 4

22 hours ago, corinna121 said:

Thank you to the several above posters who reminded me of the additional Azamara birthday treats:  signed card! towel elephant! (Well done on the Towel B'Day Cake, fruitmachine!).

Corinna121, I was mistaken when I said to use 'Addon.'  I used the Special Requests icon to report my birthday - this selection incurs no cost.  And we just used it again for my husband's upcoming birthday on Journey  : )

• Like 2

I received a signed card and some decorations for my birthday last year on the Quest.   No special wine or discounts.  I was relieved that they didn’t sing Happy Birthday to me at the main dining room. Just being on the cruise was celebration enough!

It sounds like it may vary from ship to ship.  
Enjoy!

• Like 1

I have had several birthdays onboard Azamara.  I got the cake and a birthday song but never received a discount coupon for anything. .Just  got off birthday cruise on Journey last week.

• Like 1

On 4/14/2024 at 2:46 PM, Ithikan said:

Thank you to the several above posters who reminded me of the additional Azamara birthday treats:  signed card! towel elephant! (Well done on the Towel B'Day Cake, fruitmachine!).

Corinna121, I was mistaken when I said to use 'Addon.'  I used the Special Requests icon to report my birthday - this selection incurs no cost.  And we just used it again for my husband's upcoming birthday on Journey  : )

I must send out a big thank you to you my friend. It seems there are 2 places to enter a birthday add ons and special requests. Neither one mentions any cost for this service. Thanks to you I now have both checked! These boards are so filled with great information to make the best possible trips!

• Like 3