Do we need to book Dining Reservations for the Sun in Advavnce?

Sailing on Norwegian Sun in January 2025 and wondering if we should reserve main dining in advance or just plan to show up when we are ready to have dinner.  Appreciate any advice or suggestions.  First time on Norwegian.  Thanks!

Unless you are a large group there is no need to reserve MDR in advance, and it hasn’t been possible to do so for a while in my experience.

Larger groups may been to, but I think you need to call.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lindy Sue said:

Sailing on Norwegian Sun in January 2025 and wondering if we should reserve main dining in advance or just plan to show up when we are ready to have dinner.  Appreciate any advice or suggestions.  First time on Norwegian.  Thanks!

Big difference vetween NEED and SHOULD.  If you are talking specialty dining, no you do not NEED to but yes you SHOULD.  If you are talking the MDT, you cannot make reservations.  It is first coem first served.

• Like 1

Just now, MoCruiseFan said:

Big difference vetween NEED and SHOULD.  If you are talking specialty dining, no you do not NEED to but yes you SHOULD.  If you are talking the MDT, you cannot make reservations.  It is first coem first served.

Thanks, I was referring to the main dining area, not specialty. I was aware we need to book in advance for those.  I had just seen some chatter on another page about another NCL ship that took an hour to get seated for the Main Dining Room and several people mentioned making reservations in advance.  I appreciate your input and advice!  Thanks again!

9 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

Unless you are a large group there is no need to reserve MDR in advance, and it hasn’t been possible to do so for a while in my experience.

Larger groups may been to, but I think you need to call.

Thank you.  We are only traveling with 3 other people, so total of 5.  Appreciate the help.

12 minutes ago, Lindy Sue said:

Thanks, I was referring to the main dining area, not specialty. I was aware we need to book in advance for those.  I had just seen some chatter on another page about another NCL ship that took an hour to get seated for the Main Dining Room and several people mentioned making reservations in advance.  I appreciate your input and advice!  Thanks again!

I hopr hat you all have a fantaxtic rtime on yoru cruise.  We have found that NCL cruises are one of the best vacation experiences out there,  Enjoy your time abord the ship!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MoCruiseFan said:

I hopr hat you all have a fantaxtic rtime on yoru cruise.  We have found that NCL cruises are one of the best vacation experiences out there,  Enjoy your time abord the ship!

Thank you!

We are on Deck 8 in an aft facing balcony.  It looks like the theatre is just below us.  Has anyone had any experience with this?  Will it be noisy?  I looked and there appears to be the same room type available on Deck 9.  Just wondering if we need to put some space between us and the theatre. 

A silly question; how do you make reservations for specialty dining? In advance of cruise? If on cruise what are the guidelines and any advice. TIA (thinking of booking Encore) 

30 minutes ago, Crusin Karen said:

A silly question; how do you make reservations for specialty dining? In advance of cruise? If on cruise what are the guidelines and any advice. TIA (thinking of booking Encore) 

120 days out (slightly longer if you are booked in a club suite or higher or higher latitudes status) you will be able to reserve restaurants on the website or the app.

• Thanks 1

On 4/16/2024 at 12:07 PM, KeithJenner said:

120 days out (slightly longer if you are booked in a club suite or higher or higher latitudes status) you will be able to reserve restaurants on the website or the app.

How many days out for latitudes status?

I made MDR reservations on the Sun last July/August for 5:30 every night that I didn't have specialty dining.  Took about ten minutes.  If we ate somewhere else, they were cancelled.  Did it help?  I honestly don't remember.  Didn't hurt.😎

2 hours ago, GORDONCHICK said:

How many days out for latitudes status?

The full list of priority access is:

Club Suites 125 days

Full Suites/Haven 130 days

Platinum/Sapphire/Diamond 125 days

Ambassador 130 days

• Like 2