December 2024 Suez Canal transit - nothing yet from Crystal

LNugent

13 hours ago, bayonejoe said:

We are booked for the 2025 WC. Just received a Crystal email with a survey

giving us 4 options for rerouting the WC by passing the canal.

stating that this will be a possibility.

Somehow ,I think that this is a probiiity.

Please describe the 4 options. 

14 hours ago, bayonejoe said:

We are booked for the 2025 WC. Just received a Crystal email with a survey

giving us 4 options for rerouting the WC by passing the canal.

stating that this will be a possibility.

Somehow ,I think that this is a probiiity.

If it is not an imposition, is there a way that you can cut-and-paste and post the survey options?

We looked at this WC and the current itinerary did not hold much interest for us. A modified itinerary may sway our decision. Thank you!

Rob

Likewise, Symphony has a Suez transit, followed by a sailing that visits Israel, next Spring.  We are booked on the latter.  Been wondering when they might make an adjustment -- hopefully it's well in advance, and before the cancellation deadline (if we don't prefer the new itinerary).

We were booked on Symphony’s Mumbai to Athens voyage which was supposed to sail on 27th March. It was not cancelled by Crystal until mid February, only 5 weeks before sailing.
Maybe because the December cruise encompasses Christmas and New Year, the passengers will be lucky and told with more than 4-5 weeks notice whether the sailing will go ahead or not.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, nnn said:

Good catch.  Seems to be the case for both Suez transit sailings (December and March).

Certainly looks as though Athens - Abu Dhabi is no more.

However Abu Dhabi-Mumbai is still open

Could we see two extra cruises in the month between the end of last med sailing and the Christmas/NewYear voyage??

My two kopeks:

I don't believe that any decision has been made, one way or the other.  This is a significant question, and one that, once made, will likely "stick".

IMO, Crystal is merely putting a halt to any new bookings on the ATH-AUH segment.  Call it a way to freeze the quantity of passenger adjustments that may be necessitated.  If and when there need to be itinerary changes, it will be limited to those already on the books.

• Like 4

I don't think this area of the world is often an issue free travel area.  Years ago when we took a Crystal Cruise that included stops in Egypt and Israel they had to make sure Israel was the last stop in the area since several countries including Egypt wouldn't all travelers who had come from Israel.   Also while in Egypt we were always surrounded  by armed guards and weren't allowed to wonder off by ourselves in Cairo or the pyramids,   

A shame since that area is filled with historic sites you greatly want to see. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ctjon said:

Also while in Egypt we were always surrounded  by armed guards and weren't allowed to wonder off by ourselves in Cairo or the pyramids, A shame since that area is filled with historic sites you greatly want to see. 

Egyptair has a daily non-stop from JFK to Cairo.  Anyone that wants to wander on their own can easily get there any time they want.

On 4/29/2024 at 8:48 AM, ryndam said:

If it is not an imposition, is there a way that you can cut-and-paste and post the survey options?

We looked at this WC and the current itinerary did not hold much interest for us. A modified itinerary may sway our decision. Thank you!

Rob

Hi Rob!

I will post the survey options on a new thread I have started.

Cheers,

Dwight

• Thanks 1