YC Owners Suite

mcoler181

7 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

It depends on when you book. If you book early when both are available, you can get a livable price.

Yup.I use the sort by latest to newest cruises filter and randomly click on cruises to hit a few available.

Posted (edited)

We were on the Seascape a few months ago and the concierge in the YC was 'aghast' that a guest was able to get the Royal Suite for $5000 total. The staff are upset because it took them years to get to the highest positions within the MSC organization, those within the Yacht Club.  For their services to be 'discounted', as management is currently doing, is an affront to their hard earned efforts. I recall early on a YC director boasting that the Owners Suite was now commanding $14,000 for one week. They took pride in this. The same suites are commanding double this on other supposedly luxury cruise lines. We are testing these 'others' out and so far only Explora Journeys comes the closest to Yacht Club treatment (as one would expect from a sister organization).

Edited by morpheusofthesea

I just priced one on Seascape 2026 and it was nearly £11k, which is about $14k, owners suite that is.

I don't know why the staff would be concerned about what price a product is being sold for? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Staff such as Butlers want the YC suites to go higher in price as typically if you can afford a $14k suite for a week their chances of getting much better tip then say a person who paid $5k for the week. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, wolft927 said:

Staff such as Butlers want the YC suites to go higher in price as typically if you can afford a $14k suite for a week their chances of getting much better tip then say a person who paid $5k for the week. 

That only happens in 'Fantasy Land'. 

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

We were on the Seascape a few months ago and the concierge in the YC was 'aghast' that a guest was able to get the Royal Suite for $5000 total. The staff are upset because it took them years to get to the highest positions within the MSC organization, those within the Yacht Club.  For their services to be 'discounted', as management is currently doing, is an affront to their hard earned efforts.

Makes sense. It's wild when a regular balcony room on another line costs the same as a Royal or Owners Suite on MSC.

But despite the low prices for these rooms, you can often find last-minute availability for these cabins (probably in part due to the issue you've pointed out about deposits being too low for these suites and people changing their plans late).

Edited by peder

34 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

We were on the Seascape a few months ago and the concierge in the YC was 'aghast' that a guest was able to get the Royal Suite for $5000 total. The staff are upset because it took them years to get to the highest positions within the MSC organization, those within the Yacht Club.  For their services to be 'discounted', as management is currently doing, is an affront to their hard earned efforts. I recall early on a YC director boasting that the Owners Suite was now commanding $14,000 for one week. They took pride in this. The same suites are commanding double this on other supposedly luxury cruise lines. We are testing these 'others' out and so far only Explora Journeys comes the closest to Yacht Club treatment (as one would expect from a sister organization).

I’ll be in YC this summer on a Med cruise and it was a few thousand dollars cheaper then the Haven which is why I booked it. Either MSC is cutting them selves short or supply and demand and Haven is in demand more than YC. Either way from your reviews excited to try the product.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, JustAPilot said:

I’ll be in YC this summer on a Med cruise and it was a few thousand dollars cheaper then the Haven which is why I booked it. Either MSC is cutting them selves short or supply and demand and Haven is in demand more than YC

MSC is cutting themselves short is the right answer. Being a family run operation backed by the world's largest container shipping company, they have no shareholders to answer to other themselves. Now is the best time in cruising history to take advantage of the lowest prices in this cruise war to the top. MSC is the top in container, it is the top in European cruises and it wants to become the top in the world cruise industry. They are taking advantage of the situation in the over leveraged state of their cruise competitors. NCL even asked MSC to take them over. MSC refused the offer insisting instead to keep building newer ships. Only word of advice is to book as far in advance as possible to lock in these low prices. World events could change things, and not for the better. 

Edited by morpheusofthesea

12 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

"I recall early on a YC director boasting that the Owners Suite was now commanding $14,000 for one week."

I know YC Royal and Owners suites have devoted fans. That being said, these suites are just not equipped in the manner I would require for a real suite. I'd only want an actual suite if the itinerary is suitable for entertaining guests for before-dinner cocktails, a meal at table, or a card game. Unfortunately, Royal and Owners suites lack a guest bathroom. I would not dream of having guests without a tidy bathroom free of all the stuff we all generally leave on the vanity during a cruise.

The real gems from my point of view are the YC duplex suites. One can keep the lower half-bath free of toothpaste tubes, mouthwash, and razors and have the butler put things in "entertaining mode" with a stack of hand towels, a diffuser air freshener, and the proper liquid soap & hand lotion I'd pack if planning on having guests. (MSC's is okay, but I think we can do better.)

The duplex suites on World Europa are even nicer, since there is an upper level on the balcony providing enough outdoor space to take a small party outside as well. I assume World America's duplex suites will be similar.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

"The same suites are commanding double this on other supposedly luxury cruise lines."

But, objectively speaking, these are not the same suites. The suites on luxury lines have much better stuff. 

I could not recall whether you stayed in a Grand or Grandeur Suite, so I watched tour videos for both. Those suites have many features lacking in both the Owners and Royal Suites on MSC.

Of course, it is perfectly reasonable if full-suite features existing on Regent or Crystal or Seabourn are not wanted and therefore not missed in an MSC full suite. However, Regent and the rest will still charge a fare reflecting the availability of those features.

If we were currently retired and spending the nest egg, we'd find that room more than satisfactory. We won't be quite so well-heeled to stay in that level of accomodation frequently. However, for a particular itinerary or special occasion, count us in.

Out of curiosity, I did a test booking for a Grandeur Suite on Grandeur, one-week Miami round-trip, early December of this year. Total for the two of us was $17,193.10.

23 hours ago, notley-cruise said:

Book a YC interior cabin and then keep fingers crossed for a free upgrade, or put in a minimum bid up price, you might be pleasantly surprised.

free upgrade?  bwhahahaahh