Can grill passengers dine in the Britannia restaurant?

leyland1989

It's our first time doing a crossing, (first time with Cunard too)

Hopefully it's not a stupid question. 

Celebrity allows suite guests to dine in the MDR as opening seating, not sure if Cunard does the same? 

Not that we want to "downgrade" our experience but we would like to experience different venue onboard, and perhaps have a lunch/breakfast at the Britannia restaurant. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, leyland1989 said:

It's our first time doing a crossing, (first time with Cunard too)

Hopefully it's not a stupid question. 

Celebrity allows suite guests to dine in the MDR as opening seating, not sure if Cunard does the same? 

Not that we want to "downgrade" our experience but we would like to experience different venue onboard, and perhaps have a lunch/breakfast at the Britannia restaurant. 

It’s not a stupid question. Britannia MDR is an impressive space. We had lunch there last summer, from PG, but I’d recommend breakfast at Britannia because the difference in food and menu offerings between Grills/Britannia is minimal. 
For lunch, try the excellent Golden Lion pub food as a break from Grills dining. And mix up Afternoon Tea in both the Queens Room and Grills Lounge too. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, NE John said:

It’s not a stupid question. Britannia MDR is an impressive space. We had lunch there last summer, from PG, but I’d recommend breakfast at Britannia because the difference in food and menu offerings between Grills/Britannia is minimal. 
For lunch, try the excellent Golden Lion pub food as a break from Grills dining. And mix up Afternoon Tea in both the Queens Room and Grills Lounge too. 

No breakfast kidneys or seasonal berries in Britannia, I think.
That’s not minimal.😀

• Like 1

Just now, exlondoner said:

No breakfast kidneys or seasonal berries in Britannia, I think.
That’s not minimal.😀

I do like my kippers and milk poached fish for breakfast. 

• Like 3

Yes you can dine in the Brittania if you are in Grills, in my mind its courtesy just to give the MD a heads-up but I have had no problems doing so this trip in fact for the first part of the Wv I spent more time in the Brittania than the Grills dining room.

I usually check out both menus and make my decision where to dine from there.Its interesting that the MDR has had snails a number of times this year when we have not had them at all upstairs and then had  they still  had venison on the menu  when it had come off the "Off-Piste" menu in Grills.

• Like 2

Thanks for everyone's input. 

Since each class has its own restaurant, and it appears to be a big selling point for their "premium" cabins. We are unsure if they are flexible about it. 

We certainly don't want to "inconvenient" other passengers onboard by taking away the space allocated to the others. 

The Britannia restaurant is indeed an impressive place, and I think it's part of the QM2 experience to dine there. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Back in 2017 our table mates in Britannia for the round trip crossing were a couple who received an upgrade fairy blessing of a promotion to Queen's Grill [It was also the trip they reached diamond status on World Club - that _may_ have provided the upgrade fairy a hint].

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 4/21/2024 at 10:20 AM, roscoe39 said:

I usually check out both menus and make my decision where to dine from there.Its interesting that the MDR has had snails a number of times this year when we have not had them at all upstairs and then had  they still  had venison on the menu  when it had come off the "Off-Piste" menu in Grills.

You do realize that you could have requested either dish in the QG, right?

Edited by ratflinger
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, ratflinger said:

You do realize that you could have requested either dish in the QG, right?

I do…but you know me

i dont Like to be a problem for anyone…..

• Like 1