Haines Excursions

Silverspringcruiser

There might be a few tours sold at the dock but there are very few independent tour companies in Haines.  If there’s something you want to do, book it in advance.

Posted (edited)

Haines is a very small and non touristy town. I wouldn’t count on picking up a tour at the dock. The few private tour operators there will no doubt be fully booked with a ship in town. If you can’t find a tour, the town is very walkable and you can enjoy a low key day there soaking up the local atmosphere and taking in some of the sites like Fort Seward. 

If you want to explore outside of town, it’s easy driving. There is a small Avis office located at the Hotel Halsingland that we have rented from on past visits. Lots of beautiful spots to visit outside of town including Chilkat Lake. 

Edited by karatemom2
  • Like 1

Hi guys, have been wonderin bout the tours myself, since its been awhile since I've been there. If anything, was just gonna wander around the town, so see what kind of mischief, one can get into, within reason of course. Just thought I would clarify that, don't want anybody here to git the wrong idea.

• Haha 1

Haines is the perfect place just to wander around and meet the people who live there. They are friendly for the most part and glad you are visiting. Nothing is very far away and there is plenty of beautiful scenery.