Hotel near Seattle cruise port

We will be flying into Seattle a day before our Alaska cruise on Ovation of the Seas. Looking for recommendations for hotels near the port and that might possibly have a shuttle to the port. 

Thanks in advance!!!!

Take a look down the board...lots of threads on hotels. You are sailing from Pier 91, so no hotel near there. Hotels that provide shuttles are pretty rare, but the downtown area is pretty compact,  so a taxi or Uber will be pretty inexpensive. Been a few years, but it was $13 before tip from the Hilton downtown to Pier 91.

Posted (edited)

The Mediterranean Inn is one of the closest to the pier. It's near many restaurants and a 10 minute walk to the Space Needle. They have a shuttle to the pier for $10/person. A cab/Uber is now closer to $20 to the pier from most downtown hotels.

Edited by Glaciers

Downtown Seattle hotels are the most expensive in the area.  Better hotel value can be found by staying around the airport or south King County.  If you do sufficient hotel research you will save on your hotel stay many times the cost of a rideshare from the SeaTac area to Pier 91.  A regular Uber will run you $45-55 from the SeaTac hotel area to Pier 91.  An UberXL will be closer to $75.

I avoid shuttles because there is a lot of "hurry up and wait".  I have stories about shuttles.  I think I've recently expounded about my shuttle experience on the boards.

I think your choice of location all has to do with what your plans are.  Have you built in time in Seattle to explore?  If so, it will be easier to do if you have a Seattle city hotel, but you pay the in-city prices, and you'll still probably have to spend money on Uber or Lyft to get to some attractions.  I don't consider public transit in Seattle to be tourist friendly.  While cost effective, it is not for the faint of heart and its connections to what you will want to do as a tourist are marginal.

If Seattle is merely an embarkation port and you are flying in the day before and flying out immediately after the cruise, then there is not much reason to pay the downtown hotel premium and focus on hotel properties down near SeaTac.