Interesting email today from Azamara, must have a crystal ball??

alfredo1

Todays email offers the 18 night Ancient Trade Routes in October 2024 on the Pursuit, sailing from Athens to Dubai via the Suez Canal. As there is little sign of the conflict in that area ending any time soon, this does not reflect well on the quality control on Azamara......or perhaps they offer in hope!!

• Like 1

We're booked on that cruise and were disappointed to see it in today's email. I'm hoping they cancel it sooner rather than later, as we've got quite a lot of FCC tied up in the booking and suspect we might lose that if we cancel. Not so much of a deposit as we booked on board, so only £125 each.

I'm going to approach our TA and see what they think Azamara might offer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tonyl1956 said:

We're booked on that cruise and were disappointed to see it in today's email. I'm hoping they cancel it sooner rather than later, as we've got quite a lot of FCC tied up in the booking and suspect we might lose that if we cancel. Not so much of a deposit as we booked on board, so only £125 each.

I emailed Azamara a few weeks ago . They eventually responded requesting me to contact my T.A.  and have them phone Azamara and they would then look into another sail date. I don't know what the conditions would be for that.

Prior to this response from Azamara I had already contacted my T.A. who advised that I hang on , if I could, until final payment date as something may arise in the interim. Perhaps an enhanced F.C.C.??

I`ll hang  on....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tonyl1956 said:

If you booked onboard you can a one off change to another sailing and retain all your onboard booking benefits of course you will lose any promotions that came with the original booking.

Like you we booked this cruise whilst onboard quite a while ago and we were waiting to see what Azamara were going to offer but when the 2026 itineraries were launched we decided to move the booking to Quest’s 22 night Antarctica cruise. We received our onboard loyalty discount and the $300 OBC, the new booking came with the Early Booking Bonus which was the same promotion as we had on the original booking. 
Judging from the offers made to customers on the recently cancelled cruises the best we could expect was a lift & shift to another itinerary of up to 18 days which probably wouldn’t work with the 22 day itinerary we wanted to book.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks, Riocca

20 hours ago, Riocca said:

If you booked onboard you can a one off change to another sailing and retain all your onboard booking benefits of course you will lose any promotions that came with the original booking.

Like you we booked this cruise whilst onboard quite a while ago and we were waiting to see what Azamara were going to offer but when the 2026 itineraries were launched we decided to move the booking to Quest’s 22 night Antarctica cruise. We received our onboard loyalty discount and the $300 OBC, the new booking came with the Early Booking Bonus which was the same promotion as we had on the original booking. 

I didn't know that you were able to do that with a booking made on board. We'll contact the TA and start things moving.

We had the early booking bonus too, but my main worry was/is the FCC we had been awarded for cancelled ports in NZ last year.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, tonyl1956 said:

Thanks, Riocca

I didn't know that you were able to do that with a booking made on board. We'll contact the TA and start things moving.

We had the early booking bonus too, but my main worry was/is the FCC we had been awarded for cancelled ports in NZ last year.

I often change my onboard booking. I think they may charge you a fee now if you change the sailing more than once though, I think I was told that the last time I booked a future cruise onboard.  Just make sure they keep the same reservation number as that is what connects your onboard credit for booking on the ship, and if you have a loyalty reduction on the cruise fare, make sure they remember to take that off the new fare as well.  Some agents are great at this, others not so much.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1