CPAP Users

On 4/27/2024 at 9:55 PM, Dandypanda said:

Hubby bought a travel machine. Expensive but SO worth it. Doesn't require water and he says it works fine. He'll even use it on the plane on a long flight.

Both my husband and myself have travel CPAP's  Insurance doesn't cover the cost but I also agree they are very nice!  Our cpap's were about $800 on sale (usd) each.

Posted (edited)

This is very annoying. They used to provide distilled water. To verify, I reached out to Cunard because this is a change. They responded:

Distilled water is NOT available on board and guests must determine a suitable alternative or carry their own supply. Any additional required supply can be arranged through the port agent at the guest's cost. 

Pre-cruise messaging advises the same as above to guests.

Edited by Gretchendz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/4/2024 at 11:53 PM, NancyDrew1953 said:

Currently on the QE in Japan.  The price for distilled water is $22.80 for a 500 ml bottle. Not Happy. On Holland America, the price was $4.99 for a US gallon. 

My 7-day Crystal cruise in July is USD $4K. Distilled water no charge.

My 25-day Cunard cruise is September is US $4K. Distilled water not included. 

Life lesson: You get what you pay for! 

2 hours ago, BEAV said:

My 7-day Crystal cruise in July is USD $4K. Distilled water no charge.

My 25-day Cunard cruise is September is US $4K. Distilled water not included. 

Life lesson: You get what you pay for! 

I’m happy to pay a reasonable amount for distilled water, such as on Holland America and on other mass market lines. It is very disappointing that Cunard has decided to price this much above what other comparable ships are charging.  As an American on the QE in Japan, carrying my own water onboard is not a good option for a relatively long cruise.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NancyDrew1953 said:

I’m happy to pay a reasonable amount for distilled water, such as on Holland America and on other mass market lines. It is very disappointing that Cunard has decided to price this much above what other comparable ships are charging.  As an American on the QE in Japan, carrying my own water onboard is not a good option for a relatively long cruise.  

Agree. Schlepping enough water for a lengthy voyage isn’t an option.

My September cruise from SF to Sydney stops in Honolulu. I can carry aboard a small (lightweight) amount of distilled water to get me to Honolulu. Or just use tap water those first 5 days. I’m thinking to use my DoorDash account (no delivery fee) to have distilled water delivered to me at the port in Honolulu. I’ve used DoorDash to deliver things to a lot of different places over the years, so why not a cruise port! 😎

• Like 1