Using OBC for excursions

Nebr.cruiser

It will be our first time on Azamara in Dec.  We have a lot of OBC, so much I'm not sure how we will spend it and I think it is nonrefundable.  If we pay for excursions now with OBC and later change our minds, can we cancel and the OBC will go back in our accounts?  

24 minutes ago, Nebr.cruiser said:

It will be our first time on Azamara in Dec.  We have a lot of OBC, so much I'm not sure how we will spend it and I think it is nonrefundable.  If we pay for excursions now with OBC and later change our minds, can we cancel and the OBC will go back in our accounts?  

This will work if you cancel within the specified time before the excursion. I'm sure someone else here knows the timeframe. 24 or 48 hours?

15 hours ago, Nebr.cruiser said:

Yes, if cancelled 48 hours before the excursion in general, and yes the OBC would go back to your shipboard account.

You can use your OBC for specialty dining/ Chef's Table, wine, upgraded drink package or individual drinks not already included, the spa, the salon, the shops.  

15 hours ago, tgg said:

This will work if you cancel within the specified time before the excursion. I'm sure someone else here knows the timeframe. 24 or 48 hours?

Recently on Journey most ports were 48 hours before but some were 72 houIMG_5768.thumb.jpeg.49de28469ec911ee9ae46498757cde7d.jpegrs 

45 minutes ago, laurieb said:

Yes, if cancelled 48 hours before the excursion in general, and yes the OBC would go back to your shipboard account.

You can use your OBC for specialty dining/ Chef's Table, wine, upgraded drink package or individual drinks not already included, the spa, the salon, the shops.  

Thank you everyone.  I am fine with the 48 hour notice.  I was just worried that if using OBC it couldn't be cancelled, ( I mean, the OBC wouldn't be returned)  as I thought I had read that somewhere.

We probably would use OBC on specialty restaurants and upgraded wifi, but honestly the other things like upgraded drinks (we mostly don't drink), spa, etc. aren't items we are interested in. In 50 + cruises I've never bought any kind of drink, coffee, pop, etc.!  I'll probably enjoy the basic drink package, but not a big deal for either of us.

45 minutes ago, Nebr.cruiser said:

Thank you everyone.  I am fine with the 48 hour notice.  I was just worried that if using OBC it couldn't be cancelled, ( I mean, the OBC wouldn't be returned)  as I thought I had read that somewhere.

We probably would use OBC on specialty restaurants and upgraded wifi, but honestly the other things like upgraded drinks (we mostly don't drink), spa, etc. aren't items we are interested in. In 50 + cruises I've never bought any kind of drink, coffee, pop, etc.!  I'll probably enjoy the basic drink package, but not a big deal for either of us.

Also good for sending laundry out to be done, rather than spending time in the self-serve laundry room!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, wjfan417 said:

Also good for sending laundry out to be done, rather than spending time in the self-serve laundry room!

Sounds great, especially since we are doing a cruise right before this one, with one day in between.  We'll be going from the Gargantuan of the Seas (oops, I mean Oasis) to the Azamara--quite the difference!

I also need to amend my quote above; I once did buy a hot chocolate on an Alaska Cruise!

• Haha 1

If one cabin has a lot of obc, and friends in another doesn't, can the first cabin bring, and pay for, a speciality dinner for the others?

18 minutes ago, roxette said:

If one cabin has a lot of obc, and friends in another doesn't, can the first cabin bring, and pay for, a speciality dinner for the others?

If the money is yours to spend, I don't see why you can't treat friends to a specialty dinner.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, roxette said:

On my cruise last year, a traveling friend wanted to thank the rest of us in the group of 4 and paid for a dinner in Aqualina. It was charged to their room. I do not believe they had obc to use, but if you have it available then you certainly should be able to.

• Thanks 1