Specifically on 2024 Sapphire cruises to Alaska, Is Crab Shack casual or specialty dining? Thanks 🙂

Sorry, I didn’t word this properly… I should have asked,  On Sapphire to Alaska is the cost for Crab Shack an option for the 2 casual dining meals included in the Plus package? Thanks

on the Princess website for Sapphire, Crab Shack is grouped with Alfredo’s & Trident Grill not under Specialty Dining 🤷🏻‍♀️

IMG_7784.png

IMG_7782.png

Posted (edited)

It is not included as casual dining for plus.  It is a pop up and considered Specialty dining.  It may be shown like you see it because it does not have its own venue. It shows that way on all ships that offer it.

dining-options.pdf

Edited by t&atravel
  • Like 2

That is actually a really good question. Iy

is priced like a specialty dinner but you cannot reserve in advance. I know that you cannot use it as one of your casual dinners  

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Traveller1212 said:

Sorry, I didn’t word this properly… I should have asked,  On Sapphire to Alaska is the cost for Crab Shack an option for the 2 casual dining meals included in the Plus package? Thanks

on the Princess website for Sapphire, Crab Shack is grouped with Alfredo’s & Trident Grill not under Specialty Dining 🤷🏻‍♀️

IMG_7784.png

IMG_7782.png

The cost of Crab Shack is NOT a casual dining option for Plus package. I believe the price was raised to $39, if you have Premier, it would be counted as one of your Specialty dining credits. I was on Sapphire for the March 18-April 5 2024 sailing and the couple of times Crab Shack was offered it was priced at $39 and not considered a casual dining venue for the Plus package.

Edited by wallyj
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Traveller1212 said:

Thanks for your answers everyone - So is Alfredo’s the only option to use Plus Pkg 2 meals on Sapphire? On Regal there was also a sushi place

Vines counts as a casual venueIMG_9417.thumb.jpeg.f9e1da0daeb3a0ccaa2d232daba0f8b0.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Traveller1212 said:

Thanks for your answers everyone - Alfredo’s & Vines on Sapphire - the dining PDF that T&ATravel shared is great 

On the Sapphire, they also have Ocean Terrace as a casual dining option for the Sushi set menu, no customization on sea days, which will be held at a section of Alfredo’s. Only during lunch hours of 12-1:30. They will have a display/sample of what the ‘set’ looks like in a case in front of Alfredo’s during the time it is offered.

What I mean by no customization, on Discovery Princess, they allow me to have all shrimp(ebi) nigiri which is the protein in a rice ball, instead of the salmon and tuna. Also I could substitute California Roll instead of the Spicy Tuna Maki/Roll that is part of the ‘set’ menu.

21 hours ago, wallyj said:

On the Sapphire, they also have Ocean Terrace as a casual dining option for the Sushi set menu, no customization on sea days, which will be held at a section of Alfredo’s. Only during lunch hours of 12-1:30. They will have a display/sample of what the ‘set’ looks like in a case in front of Alfredo’s during the time it is offered.

What I mean by no customization, on Discovery Princess, they allow me to have all shrimp(ebi) nigiri which is the protein in a rice ball, instead of the salmon and tuna. Also I could substitute California Roll instead of the Spicy Tuna Maki/Roll that is part of the ‘set’ menu.

I saw this on a video review recently and it was held in Vines on the Sapphire on a sea day. 

2 hours ago, Auntiejo said:

I saw this on a video review recently and it was held in Vines on the Sapphire on a sea day. 

When the Sapphire first started having Ocean Terrace sushi, they did do it in Vines. Because Vines is so limited in seating, they changed to use the overflow/side area of Alfredo’s and will use Vines and regular seating in Alfredo’s as needed.

On my March 2024 sailing, it appeared they were allowing patrons to order sushi or  Pizza on sea days when Ocean Terrace was being offered no matter where you were seated in Alfredo’s.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, wallyj said:

When the Sapphire first started having Ocean Terrace sushi, they did do it in Vines. Because Vines is so limited in seating, they changed to use the overflow/side area of Alfredo’s and will use Vines and regular seating in Alfredo’s as needed.

On my March 2024 sailing, it appeared they were allowing patrons to order sushi or  Pizza on sea days when Ocean Terrace was being offered no matter where you were seated in Alfredo’s.

That makes sense - thanks for clarifying! I'm happy that we will be able to enjoy sushi on sea days on the Sapphire in June.