NCL Epic Mediterrannean Cruise Questions

Welcome to CC.   If you click on "Forums" at the top left of the page and scroll down to the Ports of Call section you will find specific forums for those countries that are full of good info for you to research.

Agree, go to roll calls and ports of call.

One very general tip, if you have not been on a Med cruise..... some of the ports are not nearly as "walkable from ship" as you may find in the Caribbean or Alaska, etc.   Some stops in the Med are large cities and the ship may dock in an industrial area.   As such, you are going to want a plan for each.   Not necessarily an excursion but give some thought to transportation ahead of time.   A few may be walkable from ship.

Also, you may experience more traffic problems in large cities than what is typical for other cruises.  Something to keep in mind in planning excursions.

Have fun.  We have really enjoyed our Med (and Adriatic) cruises.

You seem to have quite a few short port days so you need to plan accordingly, as someone who never takes ships excursions I would advise one in Athens, we travelled to and from the acropolis on our own by public transport but had a longer day. You will want to see the major sights and a ships tour will do than and get you back for an afternoon departure. Livorno take the train to Florence (most popular) or Pisa (smaller and our preference). Naples go to Pompeii a excursion booked through viator or get my guide would work but again check the times to make sure you arrive back early. If departure is 4pm all aboard is 3.30pm and we want to plan to be at the ship at 2.30pm. If on a private tour. 

Top tip, and I am not being snarky, it took me a while to learn, Google naples CRUISE PORT. Or where ever. You will get a bunch of information on how to get to the Town, excursions which other ships are in port if there is WiFi at the port terminals etc. Much more use than searching for visit Naples to find info on Florida golf courses.