Discovery CA Coastal itinerary question

2 minutes ago, RSF Cruiser said:

Maybe you’ll be there in October, then. 

We'll see.  As @telecheck wrote, I usually post on the particular roll call thread that I work.  But we don't get the work requests until a month or two out, depending on when the sergeant posts them.  He posted this morning for the June and July cruises.  Or if he gets mad at me (twice already), I get dropped out of the rotation...

Posted (edited)

When we cruised on Discovery last november they told us that Monterey would not be a stop because of high winds🫤.  They told us the day we were supposed to dock so they did a slooowwww sail from Frisco!

Kind of irritaring! 

Not even a catalina offering!

Edited by lahlah57

I just booked this cruise on Friday. Chose this one since it wasn't staying in SF for 2 days. I've never been to Catalina and I was really looking forward to seeing it. I already was picturing myself on a golf cart cruising around. 

21 minutes ago, sfpd3000 said:

We'll see.  As @telecheck wrote, I usually post on the particular roll call thread that I work.  But we don't get the work requests until a month or two out, depending on when the sergeant posts them.  He posted this morning for the June and July cruises.  Or if he gets mad at me (twice already), I get dropped out of the rotation...

Last I checked there wasn’t a roll call for the Oct 19 cruise. I generally lurk, and rarely post unless I have a question like today. If someone starts a roll call, I’ll be lurking and will look for your posting. 

3 hours ago, RSF Cruiser said:

The link for messaging has been disabled - I tried various ways, and all of them gave me a message that the function is not available.

When I posted @...I was hoping that Alan would chime in TO THIS THREAD.  Which he did. @sfpd3000 thanks for monitoring the boards.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

When I posted @...I was hoping that Alan would chime in TO THIS THREAD.  Which he did. @sfpd3000 thanks for monitoring the boards.

Luckily you posted @..., which shows up in my email

• Like 2

I booked the Oct 5th cruise hoping it would give us a d ay in Catalina!

I've never been there and have been to Monterey  and San Francisco multiple times!!

I may cancel if I find the schedule is changing!!

• Like 2

On 4/29/2024 at 2:03 PM, RSF Cruiser said:

Thanks - I was in Catalina last week and hiked up Hermits Gulch and then down the Sea to Sky trail into the botanical garden - the hike was incredible! Lots of wild flowers and great views. In October we are planning on doing the interior jeep tour with the Catalina Conservancy. I’m afraid Princess is going to cancel Catalina, and that’s why there are no tours listed. 

The wildflowers are beautiful here this year with all the rain we had this season. I bet it was gorgeous.

The interior jeep tour is a great tour - I hope they don't change your itinerary. Catalina is such jewel!

• Thanks 1

We loved Catalina when we were there.  We did the Catalina food tour (not booked through the ship).  It was 2.5 hrs long and we had an amazing local guide.  The history and stories they shared were great.  The whole thing was 5/5!