OMG- comp cruise

dog

Posted (edited)

Has anyone had trouble getting through to your CVP today?

Seems they are swamped.  Sent an email last night and called today.  She is in today, I verified.

🥴
@dog Thank you and have fun on your cruise!

Edited by PacnGoNow

6 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Has anyone had trouble getting through to your CVP today?

Tried to e-mail my CVP today and received and auto reply e-mail stating, while she is in, ALL CVPs are in mandatory training 5/6 and 5/7 and will resume their normal schedule 5/8.

3 minutes ago, SCX22 said:

Tried to e-mail my CVP today and received and auto reply e-mail stating, while she is in, ALL CVPs are in mandatory training 5/6 and 5/7 and will resume their normal schedule 5/8.

Thanks for the reply!  That’s not good, was wanting to tell her my selection for the comp Star cruise.  Oh well…

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Thanks for the reply!  That’s not good, was wanting to tell her my selection for the comp Star cruise.  Oh well…

Maybe email Jen Wright in the meantime so you don't get locked into an interior, unless that's what you want.  My pvp called me first thing this morning, and again this afternoon to finalize everything. No problems reaching her at all.  Didn't mention anything about training.

Edited by pompeii

1 minute ago, pompeii said:

Maybe email Jen Wright in the meantime so you don't get locked into an interior, unless that's what you want.  My pvp called me first thing this morning, and again this afternoon to finalize everything.  Didn't mention anything about training.

Yes, email Ms Wright. She’s an absolute pleasure to work with 

3 minutes ago, pompeii said:

Maybe email Jen Wright in the meantime so you don't get locked into an interior, unless that's what you want.  My pvp called me first thing this morning, and again this afternoon to finalize everything.  Didn't mention anything about training.

Yes, I emailed her initially and maybe will again if my CVP doesn’t respond soon.

Thanks.

3 minutes ago, ProfMHC said:

Yes, email Ms Wright. She’s an absolute pleasure to work with 

Thank you, I have emailed her in the beginning of this. She was  impressive.

24 minutes ago, kiwimum said:

I have had no problem contacting my CVP.   She has been very responsive and everything is complete, including the following cruise.

Good for you!  Thanks.  You’re on the TA?

23 hours ago, HikaruTsuki said:

Sometimes, 'too good to be true' can be true. What's life if we don't take chances and hope for these moments? Seriously, we can't talk down to those to who took the leap. For some people this was a blessing and it worked out in a positive way, to give them a life experience they wouldn't otherwise have. It may have been an error for Princess cruises, but for others it was the greatest gift. Life is short--take chances and live it for every second it's worth! 

I don't believe I talked "down" to anyone. Most of the time it's true - if it's too good to be true, it probably is. However, there are exceptions, of course.

• Like 1

Somewhere in this thread (I think) we were asked to share our resolution. So, Here's mine

Inside IE is just not for me.  I accepted the upgrade to DA Deluxe Balcony for $1260.00 (I am a solo)  I worked with Jen Wright directly via email after my initial experience with chat.  Jen was excellent to work with. Below is my confirmation from Jen

Hi Holly - 
Done!  I have moved your room to DA and the booking is now showing a balance due of $1260.  Please pay online through Cruise Personalizer today or let me know if that's not possible.  The upgrade requires same day payment or the system will cancel, but I can put an additional few days on it as needed.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.  

Best, 

Jen

I am also booked on the TA, so now I am looking forward to a lovely 21 days on the new Star Princess (Fingers crossed it goes as planned)  Will have to be very careful planning this trip.

So it is a good outcome for me
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, hpeabody said:

Somewhere in this thread (I think) we were asked to share our resolution. So, Here's mine

Inside IE is just not for me.  I accepted the upgrade to DA Deluxe Balcony for $1260.00 (I am a solo)  I worked with Jen Wright directly via email after my initial experience with chat.  Jen was excellent to work with. Below is my confirmation from Jen

Hi Holly - 
Done!  I have moved your room to DA and the booking is now showing a balance due of $1260.  Please pay online through Cruise Personalizer today or let me know if that's not possible.  The upgrade requires same day payment or the system will cancel, but I can put an additional few days on it as needed.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.  

Best, 

Jen

I am also booked on the TA, so now I am looking forward to a lovely 21 days on the new Star Princess (Fingers crossed it goes as planned)  Will have to be very careful planning this trip.

Exactly.  Any substantial discount is a bonus.  We booked after all the omg hoopla and are thrilled to receive any thing at all, knowing that it was most likely an error.   We can easily survive A cruise in an inside cabin with no problem!

• Like 6

22 hours ago, hpeabody said:

Our resolution was: we upgraded to a deluxe balcony but we chose one of the really big ones forward on deck 14.  We're also booked on the TA, also in a deluxe balcony but not the same cabin as the 7 day.  

• Like 2

Our resolution was:

1 we had already purchased the TA long ago

2 my husband would never approve an interior — ever

3 initially I’d decided to wait till our CVP had more info on Monday re: upgrades

4 prices by then had been on CC and we’d decided to upgrade to a mini because it was at a significant discount

5 wrote to Jen and she quickly responded 

6 Jen booked us into a mini on the same deck as our TA cabin

7 so … resolved to our satisfaction 

8 21 days! And $400 OBC to burn!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, smhagen said:

Has anyone set up a roll call for the October 15 cruise?

I just gave it a try…hopefully it worked!

Check it out.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, adoris said:

I just gave it a try…hopefully it worked!

Check it out.

It is posted to the Sun Princess Roll Calls.  I found it searching on your user name.  It would a good idea to title it something like Star Princess Med and Western Europe Passage TA Oct 15, 2025.  Many of us are doing the B2B, so why not combine them and welcome all from both cruises.

October 15, 2025

adoris posted a topic in Sun Princess Roll Calls

Edited by hpeabody

9 minutes ago, hpeabody said:

It is posted to the Sun Princess Roll Calls.  I found it searching on your user name.  It would a good idea to title it something like Star Princess Med and Western Europe Passage TA Oct 15, 2025.  Many of us are doing the B2B, so why not combine them and welcome all from both cruises.

October 15, 2025

adoris posted a topic in Sun Princess Roll Calls

Thanks, I was looking for it.

I’ll see what I can do.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, adoris said:

Thanks, I was looking for it.

I’ll see what I can do.

You can ask to have the one under Sun Princess deleted and start a brand new one in Star Princess.  I think you may be able to select report under the 3 dots on the top right in your post.

I found this:

You can't directly delete a post on Cruise Critic, but you can report it and ask a moderator to remove it. To report a post on a PC, you can:
  1. Move the mouse cursor over the post
  2. Select the Report post link in the upper right corner
  3. In the box, write "please remove my post" 

1 minute ago, hpeabody said:

You can ask to have the one under Sun Princess deleted and start a brand new one in Star Princess.  I think you may be able to select report under the 3 dots on the top right in your post.

I found this:

You can't directly delete a post on Cruise Critic, but you can report it and ask a moderator to remove it. To report a post on a PC, you can:
  1. Move the mouse cursor over the post
  2. Select the Report post link in the upper right corner
  3. In the box, write "please remove my post" 

I think I did that….I’m not the best at doing this stuff…but I tried.  Thanks for your help.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, adoris said:

I think I did that….I’m not the best at doing this stuff…but I tried.  Thanks for your help.

You did it correctly!  It's now gone from the Sun page and I see you already posted another one of the Star page.

Enjoy the planning!!

• Thanks 1

Does anybody know if ms.wright has stopped accepting emailS?  I have some specific circumstances and trying to get definitive answers. I also never received the “notice” !

my email to ms. wright was rejected by the princess email system as “user unknown”!!!!