Medallion fail

30+ minutes to not get a beer I ordered via delivery service.  The bar service away from the actual bar has been awful.  The bar tenders that I have greased are great, everywhere else has been a FAIL. IMG_1172.thumb.png.6e86b59be13a1fd3ea24e2a9988f311e.png

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, STIguy said:

30+ minutes to not get a beer I ordered via delivery service.  The bar service away from the actual bar has been awful.  The bar tenders that I have greased are great, everywhere else has been a FAIL. IMG_1172.thumb.png.6e86b59be13a1fd3ea24e2a9988f311e.png

We tried to order drinks twice on the Regal last summer.  It didn’t work either time. We had a premier package.  Everything else on the Regal was wonderful, we had a great cruise.

1 hour ago, STIguy said:

Maybe you should try greasing the medallion

• Haha 7

To get a drink with the medallion the order goes to a bar, then it is prepared, next a server is called,  then they bring it to you.  30 minutes, while silly, is actually not bad.  

Personally except in very unusual circumstances I would go to a bar - 4 minutes or less - get my drinks and go to wherever to enjoy.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Maybe they couldn't find you.  That happened to me once in the buffet area.  Lots of people to look through.  I finally went to the area where the table cleaners put the dirty dishes and asked someone there.  Sure enough, they had my drink and were still looking for me.

14 minutes ago, memoak said:

It is the app not the medallion. We just go to a bar so much easier and faster

The gods help those who help themselves...

56 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

To get a drink with the medallion the order goes to a bar, then it is prepared, next a server is called,  then they bring it to you.  30 minutes, while silly, is actually not bad.  

Personally except in very unusual circumstances I would go to a bar - 4 minutes or less - get my drinks and go to wherever to enjoy.

On my last cruise you would quite often find one bartender at each bar doing only medallion orders while the other handled walk up and waiter orders. Wait time was often much longer then 4 minutes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, STIguy said:

what ship ? Sounds like a staffing Problem Not a Medallion Problem ! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, smwg said:

Maybe they couldn't find you.  That happened to me once in the buffet area.  Lots of people to look through.  I finally went to the area where the table cleaners put the dirty dishes and asked someone there.  Sure enough, they had my drink and were still looking for me.

With the old version of the app, someone mentioned there was a way in the app that lighted up when they were trying to deliver it. I don't know if that is still true. Maybe watch for a server looking lost, turn on your flashlight on your cell phone and wave it in the air?.....

🤪

• Haha 1

The title of this thread needs to be changed to "APP Fail." The Medallion is used when you're ordering yourself at the bar. 

That is, unless they have updated medallions that work like Star Trek TNG communicators, which would be so cool...

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, TheMichael said:

That is, unless they have updated medallions that work like Star Trek TNG communicators, which would be so cool...

That’s probably not that far away , we will all have a chip or communicator 

and yea it would be so cool 

Edited by Gail & Dan