Booking Future Cruises Onboard

I was wondering if I booked a future cruise onboard, are there any advantages to doing so?  For example, reduced deposit, OBC, etc.

Thank you.

Posted (edited)

OBC with amount depending on cabin type and length of cruise....with $100 deposit, except for cruises longer than 50+ days.

Edited by chrysalis

50 minutes ago, ssawjo said:

I was wondering if I booked a future cruise onboard, are there any advantages to doing so?  For example, reduced deposit, OBC, etc.

Thank you.

Are you talking about actually booking a cruise while onboard?  Or buying Future Cruise Deposits(FCD)?
We never have booked another cruise while on board but we always buy FCDs.  They cost $100 and are charged to your credit card not to your onboard account.   You can only purchase this while onboard, not after the cruise.
When you book and apply them to a future sailing, depending on how long the sailing is you get OBC. For example, on our upcoming 25 day cruise after applying the FCD we get $150 obc for each one applied.  And we have noted on previous sailings even if the stated deposit is say $250, the FCD will apply.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, ssawjo said:

Thank you.

Please see if you can find the ‘other’ recent thread regarding this same topic.

Future cruise deposits on Princess are good for 1 year from purchase date, but should be able to extend expiration if you call before expiring. You can also request  refund before the year is up. FCD’s are fully refundable, so really a no lose situation. You need to purchase for each passenger and will apply to a future booking per passenger.

Since the new 3rd party company Princess has contracted with to handle Future cruises on board about January 2023, they have had a ‘list’ of sailings usually within the next 90-100 days, that are on additional discount(25-50%). These must be booked on board as the special pricing is not available once you leave the ship. 

There may be a few sailings beyond the 90-100 days. 

Not really talking about FCD's.  For example, on Oceania, if you book a cruise while onboard, you receive a reduced deposit and OBC to be used on the present cruise or on the newly booked cruise.  There is also a slight price reduction for booking the new cruise onboard.  Besides, the cruise I want to book is two years away and a FCD would expire.  It doesn't matter how far out the cruise sails.  

Sorry I was not clearer in my original question as to what I was looking for information wise.

4 minutes ago, ssawjo said:

the cruise I want to book is two years away and a FCD would expire

The one year expiration applies to when you apply the deposit, not related to the date of your cruise sailing.  You can apply a FCD to a cruise two+ years in the future.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ssawjo said:

Not really talking about FCD's.  For example, on Oceania, if you book a cruise while onboard, you receive a reduced deposit and OBC to be used on the present cruise or on the newly booked cruise.  There is also a slight price reduction for booking the new cruise onboard.  Besides, the cruise I want to book is two years away and a FCD would expire.  It doesn't matter how far out the cruise sails.  

Sorry I was not clearer in my original question as to what I was looking for information wise.

I think the responses understood your question. The advice they gave was that there's not much in the way of "special deals" booking a specific cruise while onboard vs. waiting for an email offer, the only advantage is in making the FCD so you get the OBC when you do book. (There's no time limit on when the cruise sails, only on when you book it.)

For example, when we sailed on the Emerald recently, the Future Cruise rep told us the best "deal" he could do is 35% off. We got off the ship to find an email offer for that PLUS a room upgrade, so we'd have likely had a worse deal if we'd booked onboard.

Edited by TheMichael

14 minutes ago, TheMichael said:

I think the responses understood your question. The advice they gave was that there's not much in the way of "special deals" booking a specific cruise while onboard vs. waiting for an email offer, the only advantage is in making the FCD so you get the OBC when you do book. (There's no time limit on when the cruise sails, only on when you book it.)

For example, when we sailed on the Emerald recently, the Future Cruise rep told us the best "deal" he could do is 35% off. We got off the ship to find an email offer for that PLUS a room upgrade, so we'd have likely had a worse deal if we'd booked onboard.

Thank you.  This was the answer I was looking for.  

• Like 1

Also be aware that the future cruise department is not part of Princess but a third party hired to run that department. I don’t trust them to get anything right. They totally lied to use about included plus packages and it took my CVP days to straighten it out

• Like 1