another question on amenities with successful move-up bid

Still confused with what comes with successful move-up bid.  We are Elite member going from concierge to sunset sky suite on our 13 day Baltic cruise on Silhouette 5/24. 

What we know:

We will be keeping our already paid for premium beverage pkg and basic wifi.  Losing concierge first day lunch which was not important for us. Pay for higher gratuities based on sky suite.  

What we are getting: 

access to the retreat, Luminee dining, priority check-in, departure, and port tendering,  and reserved theater on chic nights.

How about laundry?  We can’t find it now but thought we get one free bag on our original cabin.  But, perhaps that comes with being elite?  Does that still stay the same? 

Do we get free room service?  

Any help much appreciated.  

There is no laundry benefit with either Concierge Class, or a Sky Suite.  You get one free bag as an Elite Captain's Club member.

Harris

Denver, CO

• Like 1

Congrats on the upgrade. I think the laundry is related to your loyalty status - elite gets one bag of free laundry. And yes I believe the room service fee is waived in the Retreat although I never used it on my one successful upgrade to a suite (oops). Others with more experience with this process will likely have more to offer. cheers

• Like 1

You are correct that you lose the Concierge lunch on embarkation day but you can have lunch in Luminae on embarkation day instead. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cruise critic members are so helpful.  Thank you so much for clearing up our questions.  I plan to bring a Japanese folding clothes hanger like this one for socks and underwear.  We always use this when we are in Tokyo staying  in airbnb. Works great and many Japanese use these too in Japan. Having a bigger bathroom helps like this sky suite we won. Through Amazon. 

alladaga Clothes Drying Hanger with 32 Clips and Drip Foldable Hanging Rack (Light Pink)

Your drink package will stay the same if you have the classic one.  You will be able to get premium drinks in the retreat lounge.  I always notice that Baileys and Jack Daniels are absent from the Classic package but available in the retreat lounge. In Luminae we had the classic package wine. Congrats on the much better food and service you will receive.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, rinshin said:

Losing concierge first day lunch which was not important for us. Pay for higher gratuities based on sky suite.  

But you gain lunch in Luminae on embarkation day, which in our opinion is a better meal. 

How about laundry?  We can’t find it now but thought we get one free bag on our original cabin.  But, perhaps that comes with being elite?  Does that still stay the same? 

Yes, you get your one bag of laundry each as part of your Elite benefit.  Free laundry only comes with the top level suites. 

Do we get free room service?

Yes, there is no change for room service in a suite.  I believe there is still a charge if you order after midnight or before 6 am but not 100% sure as we have never done that. 

• Like 1

Your drink package will stay the same if you have the classic package. You will be able to get premium drinks like Baileys and Jack Daniels in the retreat lounge at no charge but wine will be on the classic list in Luminae.